Anybody know if there is a way to turn off group reply in messaging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaydoc1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Disregard. Found my answer. Thanks for watching.

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

If you send out a group MMS everybody in the group see all responses. As I sadly found out the answer to your question is no.

Ps: my answer is based on standard iPhone software without jailbreak. I don't know if there is an app or a jailbreak app that will resolve your issue.

3. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Actually I found out you can. In settings, under messaging, turn off group messaging. You can still send out group messages but your recipients will only be able to reply to you.

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

First off please except my apology. When I answered your post I was on my iPad looking at settings for iMessage not regular message. Good catch on your part and thanks.

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Is there a way to make it so that when you respond to a group message, it only sends to the originator of the group message? It's getting annoying getting texts from people I don't know saying "Who's this? And why are you texting me?"

LOL

6. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Showguy,

No apology needed.

Muddy,

Not by just hitting the reply button. You just have to send a separate message to the original sender in reply.

The other annoying thing I've found is that responding or sending in group messaging doesn't populate the individual recipients' message threads with your group conversation's content.

For example. You have individual message threads with your wife, your friend, and your brother. Then you send a group message to all three. Your message doesn't show up in the individual threads, only in the group message thread.