Anybody use PQDVD to Unlock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kortloff

Oct 11, 2007
Thanks for the response. So assuming you're an iPhone running ver 1.02:

1) Is the only process you needed to follow to unlock a stock iPhone to use on another cell service? I'm looking for it to work on T-Mobile(USA)...no other software or process needed.
2) If you're using TMobile, did you need to manually configure internet/Edge for a data connection?
3) If you're on TMobile, does it help with the interference experienced on ATT (i.e. with desktop speakers)?
4) Did you loose any other functionality, i.e. voicemail features as
built into the iPhone?
5) Any other changes or issues as a result of unlocking?

Overall I'm intrigued given that you don't hear much of it as compared to the 2 user popular methods (paid and free). Not much is mentioned on any other websites either.

Thanks again.

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks for the response. So assuming you're an iPhone running ver 1.02:

1) Is the only process you needed to follow to unlock a stock iPhone to use on another cell service? I'm looking for it to work on T-Mobile(USA)...no other software or process needed.
2) If you're using TMobile, did you need to manually configure internet/Edge for a data connection?
3) If you're on TMobile, does it help with the interference experienced on ATT (i.e. with desktop speakers)?
4) Did you loose any other functionality, i.e. voicemail features as
built into the iPhone?
5) Any other changes or issues as a result of unlocking?

Overall I'm intrigued given that you don't hear much of it as compared to the 2 user popular methods (paid and free). Not much is mentioned on any other websites either.

Thanks again.

Im using T-Mobile USA, this unlock only work with 1.0.2 version!

1) You need to activate and jailbreak the phone prior to use the one-click unlock software. I followed this video to activate/jailbreak and put installer app on my iPhone http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABh2WcmlLzQ&mode=related&search=
Then just download and run the one-click software, it will ask for the key number that you get when you buy a license for this (i used this software b/c somehow my iPhone wont connect to ibrickr)
One-click software will put an icon on your springboard, click the icon and it will unlock the phone.

2) I have the Tmobile Total Internet, after unlocked, you will have option to change your EDGE setting in Setting > General > Network. All I did was, I put the server address internet2.voicestream.com into the APN field (username and password are BLANK) then I was good to go!

If you want to use T-Zone on iPhone, you have to search here for the method to put a manual proxy server on your iPhone

3) I get static noise on the computer speaker everytime my phone is near, doesn't have to be ATT, Tmobile, iPhone or other phones. I get the static noise for like 2 seconds on the computer speakers everytime i get a calls with anyphone.. but now you mention, it seem like I don't get any with my iPhone

4) All functions are working fine (youtube, wifi, bluetooth..thats because Im using the Total Internet package, if you plan to use TZone, you should research this forum first, because I heard that youtube wont work with Tzone, Im not sure though). If you click on the voicemail icon, iPhone will dial voicemail number (since Tmobile doesn't have the visual voicemail function.)

5) So far so good, not thing wrong happen! Just that after you unlock your iPhone, there still be the icon of UNLOCKER on your springboard. So i have to use SSH and Winscp to delete it! I email pqdvd many time to ask them how to delete the UNLOCKER program was downloaded to the phone for unlocking, they said do a restore, and I email them ask them if restore will re-lock my iPhone back to AT&T, but I haven't got the response yet!

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Truly appreciate the details...might give it a try this weekend.
Glad I could help! I myself a new iPhone onwer too, so I was like you, had a bunch of questions and hope someone could help me.. So I understand your concerns, and like to help people that need helps..

kortloff

Oct 11, 2007
It was a success!

A few minor problems but overall, happy to be back on T-Mobile:
1) YouTube was not working, did the process over again and now it works.
2) Unlocker icon still on the springboard...was advised by PQDVD not to remove it...not a big deal.
3) This is interesting; when I turn off the phone, or put it into Airplane mode, turn it back on, power up the T-Mobile connection, I show the voicemail indicator but there are no messages and it goes away after I check voicemail...strange but manageable.

One of the best benefits, besides having my T-Mobile 1500 minute plan, unlimited VPN data plan and HotSpot for $90 is, almost NO SPEAKER BUZZ. AT&T (850 freq.) was killing me. I couldn't have my iPhone on my desk otherwise my desktop speakers or landline phone went crazy which totally defeated purpose for me. Now, speaker buzz is almost 100% gone with T-Mobile (using 1900 freq).