anybody use the VPN function?

ryfone

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Pacific NW
Has anybody used the VPN function on their iPhone? Any feedback on how it works is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
anybody use the VPN function on there iPhone?
I have no idea what VPN is. I am really tired, so maybe it is obvious. I will google it...
OK I googled VPN and still have no clue, so I have to say that I do not use that function. Unless the VPN I googled is not what you mean.

ryfone

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Pacific NW
from user guide:

VPN​
VPNs are often used within organizations to allow you to communicate private
information securely over a non-private network. You may need to configure VPN,
for example, to access your work email on iPhone.
iPhone can connect to VPNs that use the L2TP or PPTP protocol and optionally use
either RSASecurID or CRYPTOCard for authentication. VPN works over both Wi-Fi and
cellular network connections.​
Configure VPN​
Choose General > Network > VPN and tap Settings. Ask your network administrator
which settings to use. In most cases, if you’ve set up VPN on your computer, you can

use the same VPN settings for iPhone.

baluvee

Oct 16, 2007
Try this VPN Client
http://code.google.com/p/vnsea/

VNsea is a graphical VNC client for both the iPhone and the iPod touch based on Chicken of the VNC for Mac OS X. CotVNC is also hosted at SourceForge.
Road Map

The next release will be 0.6, and is mostly intended to round out some of the rough edges in the new features added in version 0.5.
The final 1.0 release is where many miscellaneous bugs are targeted, especially those that affect only individual users or special cases. All known defects will be addressed before the final 1.0 release.
Notes

15 Dec 2007 The new version 0.7 is now available for download. This version includes bug fixes and some nice little features. Most interestingly, double-tapping on the system status bar will now switch back and forth between the normal active mode and the view-only mode where you can scroll with a single finger (but cannot click or type).