anyone able to jailbreak iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by mikelite, May 27, 2012.

1. mikelite

mikelite New Member

I've been trying to jailbreak my new iPad 3 wifi since Absinthe 2 was released and I can't get past Waiting for reboot. I've done a fresh restore, settings > general > erase all & then jb, even tried the old standby of just jb'ing w/o restoring. And nada! Has anyone had any luck? I've tried the latest 2.02 and still nada. I've searched every nook of the internet and can't find anything. Hoping someone here can lend a hand.

thanks a lot,
    mikelite

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

3. mikelite

mikelite New Member

thanks @MoneyMaker79,,if I had Cydia on my iPhone, I wouldn't be posting :D. Absinthe just hangs. I've left it for 45 min & still nothing.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I haven't tried the latest Absinthe. The Absinthe 2.0.1 ran fine for me both times. Have you tried restarting your iPad or computer and trying to re jailbreak? Plug your iPad in and press Jailbreak and let it run its course.

5. mikelite

mikelite New Member

yep, rebooted everything, tried three Apple USB cables still crapola.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

http://absinthejailbreak.com/how-to-fix-absinthe-jailbreak-ios-5-1-1-issues/

I also just read in the comments section of someone having that issue with their iPad 2, and they said they finally got the Jailbreak to run successfuly by trying their 12 year old Windows computer. Maybe try a different computer?

7. mikelite

mikelite New Member

I'll give anything a shot. I'll steal the wife's macbook tomorrow. thanks a lot.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You should definitely try a different computer. I'm on a Macbook Pro and it worked fine. Though I haven't tried the newest versions of Absinthe. Let us know if you need anymore help or have any questions.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

If your in a pc, make sure you run it in administrator mode. Took me less than 5 minutes to do mine from stock.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I forgot about the whole Administrator Mode. On my Windows laptop, I had to open almost everything in Admin Mode. Kind of annoying!

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I had a few problems, the best thing you can do is fight through it. I restored my iPad 3 eleven times before the jailbreak would take properly.

The best thing you can do before changing computers is to try any and all USB ports, followed by cables (cables are a mischievousness things). You may have to update to the latest version of iTunes, so check that as well. One method which helped me towards the end was turning the iPad off, then holding down the Home button whilst connecting the device to my MBP or Win 7 laptop. This will put your iPad into Recovery Mode and will sometimes help you to restore and get into the position of using Absinthe 2.0.2.

I'm assuming you tried the, 'Erase all content and settings' option? Once you do that, Absinthe should take.

I didn't want to admit it, but, I had to use a Windows machine to restore and jailbreak my iPad.

Please don't tell anyone. I'll lose my dwindling reputation... as an Apple Fanboy/iSheep.

12. mikelite

mikelite New Member

That did the trick. The Wife's grand old white MacBook comes through again. Awesome, thanks a lot guys.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No problem! Glad it worked for you! Let us know if you have any other issues or questions!

14. Cabby 49115

Cabby 49115 New Member

I too made numerous attempts before I was successful, all is fine now.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app