anyone able to jailbreak iPad 3?

mikelite

May 27, 2012
I've been trying to jailbreak my new iPad 3 wifi since Absinthe 2 was released and I can't get past Waiting for reboot. I've done a fresh restore, settings > general > erase all & then jb, even tried the old standby of just jb'ing w/o restoring. And nada! Has anyone had any luck? I've tried the latest 2.02 and still nada. I've searched every nook of the internet and can't find anything. Hoping someone here can lend a hand.

thanks a lot,
mikelite

mikelite

May 27, 2012
thanks @MoneyMaker79,,if I had Cydia on my iPhone, I wouldn't be posting :D. Absinthe just hangs. I've left it for 45 min & still nothing.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
thanks MoneyMaker79,,if I had Cydia on my iPhone, I wouldn't be posting :D. Absinthe just hangs. I've left it for 45 min & still nothing.
I haven't tried the latest Absinthe. The Absinthe 2.0.1 ran fine for me both times. Have you tried restarting your iPad or computer and trying to re jailbreak? Plug your iPad in and press Jailbreak and let it run its course.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I had a few problems, the best thing you can do is fight through it. I restored my iPad 3 eleven times before the jailbreak would take properly.

The best thing you can do before changing computers is to try any and all USB ports, followed by cables (cables are a mischievousness things). You may have to update to the latest version of iTunes, so check that as well. One method which helped me towards the end was turning the iPad off, then holding down the Home button whilst connecting the device to my MBP or Win 7 laptop. This will put your iPad into Recovery Mode and will sometimes help you to restore and get into the position of using Absinthe 2.0.2.

I'm assuming you tried the, 'Erase all content and settings' option? Once you do that, Absinthe should take.

I didn't want to admit it, but, I had to use a Windows machine to restore and jailbreak my iPad.

Please don't tell anyone. I'll lose my dwindling reputation... as an Apple Fanboy/iSheep.