Anyone accidentally click the link under the Google search bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Dec 23, 2011.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

On the home page? The beta (instant) on/off link? I always do this, i is very irritating that they have this there. The reason I click it is when going to click in the search bar as the google home page finishes loading it shifts up so u miss and hit just below it- very annoying, this happens to be googles fault not Apples

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

yes I hit it every now & then. I deleted the google app & added the web page to my homescreen. You always end up in safari so I just decided to start with it.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, I don't use the Google app. It's a waste of space, IMO. Mobile Safari has a Google search bar in the upper right corner.

4. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Im not talking about the app, the main home page in safari. Do you know what I'm referring to?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just went to the Google web page in mobile Safari and I see what you're talking about. No, I never accidentally click that because I never go to that page. There is a Google search bar built into Safari (it's right next to the address bar) and that's what I use. Opening a new web page for Google is unnecessary.

[​IMG]

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just saw what you mean. I would say train yourself to aim for the left side of the search bar right before you tap (it's far away from the "Turn On" hyperlink). If you do it a couple of times it will become automatic.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm really puzzled as to how so many people have such a difficult time hitting correct links and such. I must be an ├╝berhuman or something. :D

8. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I will start doing that. don't you agree that's a stupid placement for the link? Also, doesn't that annoy you how it shifts up once the page finishes loading?

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Maybe: ImageUploadedByiCafe1327091479.966854.jpg

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Hope it helps out. Honestly, I rarely go to the google.com page. On the iPhone, I use the built-in search bar in Safari, to the right of where you'd type the URL. On my Mac, I use the Omnibox on the Chrome browser. One of the best ideas ever on a browser.

I noticed what you said about the page shifting up when it finishes loading. But it happens so fast I barely notice it! What phone do you have? I have the 4S, maybe that's why it happens so fast for me.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I use Google's Advanced Search page when I need to search on mobile Safari. No problems here.