Anyone accidentally click the link under the Google search bar?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
On the home page? The beta (instant) on/off link? I always do this, i is very irritating that they have this there. The reason I click it is when going to click in the search bar as the google home page finishes loading it shifts up so u miss and hit just below it- very annoying, this happens to be googles fault not Apples

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
On the home page? I always do this, it is very irritating that they have this there
yes I hit it every now & then. I deleted the google app & added the web page to my homescreen. You always end up in safari so I just decided to start with it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, I don't use the Google app. It's a waste of space, IMO. Mobile Safari has a Google search bar in the upper right corner.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
No, I don't use the Google app. It's a waste of space, IMO. Mobile Safari has a Google search bar in the upper right corner.
Im not talking about the app, the main home page in safari. Do you know what I'm referring to?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Im not talking about the app, the main home page in safari. Do you know what I'm referring to?
I just went to the Google web page in mobile Safari and I see what you're talking about. No, I never accidentally click that because I never go to that page. There is a Google search bar built into Safari (it's right next to the address bar) and that's what I use. Opening a new web page for Google is unnecessary.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just saw what you mean. I would say train yourself to aim for the left side of the search bar right before you tap (it's far away from the "Turn On" hyperlink). If you do it a couple of times it will become automatic.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Thanks, I will start doing that. don't you agree that's a stupid placement for the link? Also, doesn't that annoy you how it shifts up once the page finishes loading?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Thanks, I will start doing that. don't you agree that's a stupid placement for the link? Also, doesn't that annoy you how it shifts up once the page finishes loading?
Hope it helps out. Honestly, I rarely go to the google.com page. On the iPhone, I use the built-in search bar in Safari, to the right of where you'd type the URL. On my Mac, I use the Omnibox on the Chrome browser. One of the best ideas ever on a browser.

I noticed what you said about the page shifting up when it finishes loading. But it happens so fast I barely notice it! What phone do you have? I have the 4S, maybe that's why it happens so fast for me.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.