Anyone accidentally swipe over to spotlight search on a regular?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Nov 6, 2011.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

The most annoying feature on the iPhone. Seriously what is the point

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I can see how Spotlight could be useful but since I never use it I agree that it is annoying to accidentally swipe to it from your first homepage. I used to do it quite often until I jailbroke my iPhone 4 and discovered the NoSpot tweak which disables Spotlight.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I think Spotlight is great. It's a good feature, it allows you to search your phone quickly and easily.

4. Dj101

Dj101 Member
    Bronze

nospot is one of the first tweeks i always put on after jailbreak...that and speed intesnifier to speed up the damn animations.....why oh why does Apple want there phone to feel so sluggish

5. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Really?
    Do u forget where u put stuff on your phone?

Sorry John, couldn't help myself. Just messing with ya. 236 am and nothing else to do, except maybe go to bed....
    Good nite!

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I use it a lot. You can open apps with it, do a web search and pull up contacts. It's faster than scrolling several pages and opening a folder.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Lol. I know where everything is and I suppose it's just convenience. I can find a song quickly and easily, same with emails and apps. I use Spotlight on my Mac regularly and I was very pleased when they added it to iOS.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I also use it on a regular basis, especially after jail breaking. With Infinifolders and such, you can pack some many things in there it can be more of a search digging through folders.

9. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Find it very useful. One thing I do is hide the games so that my little ones aren't constantly whining for the phone. Also with jailbreaking I bury rarely used apps in folders and the folder deep in a sliding dock. Spotlight is the quickest way to find it but would prefer a search button ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm the same I have folders within folders to keep my Springboard tidy and Spotlight becomes very handy when searching for something quickly. I've been stock since the release of iOS 5 and I used QuickGoogle (Cydia tweak) and now Spotlights web search function gives me everything I need.

11. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I never use it.

12. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

I use Poof (through SBSettings) to hide apps, but Spotlight can still access them, so it comes in really handy when I want to use them every long once in a while without un-Poofing them.

Rather than NoSpot, I enjoy the exact opposite tweak: Wraparound. It allows you to scroll through all of your home pages and Spotlight continuously.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Wraparound is a quality add-on. I showed a couple of people and they all said it was crap... I think it should be a stock feature.

14. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I agree. Use it all the time.

15. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

It makes tons of sense on my phone as I only have one page of apps, seeing how I keep everything else in folders in my dock using FolderEnhancer with Infinidock.

16. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Just want to add a compromise between having Spotlight or not.... Just install "No Keyboard Spotlight" free in Cydia and works on ios5.0...a nice little tweak which only shows the keyboard when you touch the search window:)...as a very infrequent user of Spotlight it's perfect for me...:D

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I use FolderEnhancer too. Trawling your way through folders when you can simply perform a search makes much more sense to me.

I've used that particular tweak in the passed. I don't know why so many people hate/dislike Spotlight. It's the best search engine. Ever.

18. EmceeGeek

EmceeGeek New Member

I just hate double tapping my home button and it goes there. However, it's good to have in my opinion.

19. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

I use this feature all the time. I really like this feature.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

20. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Will there be jailbreak for iPhone 4s?