Anyone activate a phone from another line on yours?

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
I got an iPhone on an upgradeable line, put my sim in and tried to activate, but it keeps telling me its the incorrect sim! do i need to activate with the original sim then do it again with mine?

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
Yeah I did it this morning. I just popped in my sim card and it fired right up. Maybe try and restart the phone?

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
did the first screen that came up already have the number of the original sim on it? its giving me an error that the sim is incorrect

Icealicy

Jul 10, 2008
Yeah same thing happened to me man. All I did was call AT&T and the lady said to activate it under the original sim and then call them up to switch all the information. I dunno these peoople are idiots....

Icealicy

Jul 10, 2008
I'm still trying to get the data plan removed from another number on the family plan.... but my sim works on the phone.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
ok, so i just activated with the sim it came with. then put my sim in and it works fine. lol. ill call later and have them take the iPhone plan off the line that got activated

Icealicy

Jul 10, 2008
ok so you are going to call them later? well I'll get back to you on this thread when I call later too. You do the same? Let me know... Thanks.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
yeah im going to call just to have them remove the iPhone data plan off the line i activated it on, since i never intended it to have the iPhone anyways, lol. but i have it working on my own sim and im restoring from back up right now.

Icealicy

Jul 10, 2008
I called AT&T and they deactivated the data plan. All you have to do is have the phone that you want to deactivate and give them the IMEI number. Nice chatting with you.
Peace