Anyone actually using PhotoStream?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by MuddyPaws, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Just wondering. It's such a incomplete chunk of software that to me it makes it a useless feature. Really not something that I have come to expect from Apple.

2. srjeffery

srjeffery Member
    Bronze

i really enjoy it. have had no problems.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I use it and love it. Two reasons:
    1. As a blogger, I take screenshots and they are almost immediately available in iPhoto, so I can quickly add them to a post.
    2. As a new dad, I take a ton of photos of my baby. We then huddle around the Apple TV 2 and they are automatically available in my Photo Stream (along with an assortment of iPhone screenshots and pictures of iPhone cases).

4. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I have mine turned on to go from my iPhone to my iPad. It's ok sometimes but needs to be updated and tweaked a little. I think it's a good concept but not done yet. I don't like that I cannot delete photos off the iPad if they were taken on the iPhone. But I can see where If they tweak it that I would like it better.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd like the ability to customize my Photo Stream. At the bare minimum, remove individual photos.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The all-or-nothing limitation with deleting photos eventually got to me and I disabled it since it was more trouble than it was worth. I'll reenable it when and if they update it to allow deleting individual photos from the photo stream on the iPhone itself.

7. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I agree. I really like the concept and I too have a new little guy in the family and take tons of pics. Especially on the awesome new camera on the 4s and I enjoy editing and looking at them on the iPad. So I do use it but just need some more options. I'm sure they will have some changes with some future updates.

8. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor
    Bronze

This is the major gripe about Photo Stream for me as well. I have found that if it's a screen shot or something you're using quickly and you don't want it to post, then you do have a little time to delete it from the capturing device and it won't go to the cloud. That said, the all-or-nothing aspect needs to go.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I turn it on when i need it, and turn it off when I don't. That way I won't have all my stupid photos sync with my computer, especially screenshots.

10. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I use it to combine pictures from my iPhone4s with my fiance's. We use the same iCloud account for PhotoStream so any pictures either of us take are on the iPad and Apple TV2 instantly. That is awesome!

11. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

It's got a lot of potential. But it's also got a long way to go. Lots and lots of bugs

12. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Those listed are the big issues. I don't want a screen cap of speed.net in the stream and when we are taking pics sometimes we take 4 or 5 to get the perfect one. I don't need all the blury, underexposed, over exposed pictures in there.

13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I never use iPhoto, and on top of that I have the older version which doesn't support photo stream. Not worth the money to upgrade for me. But it'll be nice when/if I get another iPad in addition to my iPhone.

14. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor
    Bronze

It's nice to have the photos go from the phone directly to the iPad but, as stated, I don't necessarily want every single picture I take on the phone stuck in the stream (and vice versa). Of course, just my opinion. I'm sure there are those out there that love it.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

ditto
    I hope that will be changed in the future

16. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

Hopefully they will fix it to were we can delete single photos soon. Maybe in iOS 5.0.2 they will have this fixed. The idea behind it is very nice but has some major limitations that they need to work out or change. I use it at times and works ok.

17. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

The inability to delete is horsecrap and makes the whole idea stupid
    I pass until they fix it

18. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

Thanks Inyigo! That is encouraging that they are already working on that! The deletion is the reason i haven't used it either

19. impaler

impaler Member
    Silver

It's rumored there's a beta being tested right now that will allow individual removal.