Anyone bought WiFi iPad and now regret not getting 3G?

leeann

Bronze
Aug 12, 2010
New Zealand
iphonenewbie.com
I bought a 3G iPad, but friends want to just get the wifi model because it's cheaper! Nothing I say convinces them the 3G model gives you the flexibility to be truly mobile, albeit at a small additional cost.

Anyone bought the wifi model and now regret not buying the 3G?

dsa1971

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
I have the 32gb wifi iPad. Very happy with it. For any Internet needs I have my iPhone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Bought the WIFI ver. pm launch day and would do the same today. I personally have no need for a 3G model. That's what I have the iPhone for.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

All44

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
I bought the wifi only and 4 days later, exchanged it for the 3G model. I didn't like how I could only use it in certain places and if there was only one bar of service it took forever to load. In my opinion I don't see much of a purpose having a mobile device if I can't use it wherever I am

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
I just bought the wifi but 3G doesn't work at my house. Didn't see the need for the additional cost of the device plus the service. I carry my wifi modem (smaller than a pack of cards) with me if I take the iPad out.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I sort of regret not getting the 3G iPad. But, now that my iPhone 4 is jailbroken I can just run MyWi and get onto the Internet through my iPad via my phone.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I bought a 3G iPad, but friends want to just get the wifi model because it's cheaper! Nothing I say convinces them the 3G model gives you the flexibility to be truly mobile, albeit at a small additional cost.

Anyone bought the wifi model and now regret not buying the 3G?
Small additional cost? $200 is small? Plus $30 a month for 3G? I'll use miwi or nothing since I rarely take mine out of the house. My wifi model is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
I have the 16GB Wifi 3G and have used the 3G for one month so far. But I love having the option.

leeann

Bronze
Aug 12, 2010
New Zealand
iphonenewbie.com
It's all about choice and mobility I think with the 3G model. I shall still try to convince my friend to get the 3G model because I know he will regret it! Thanks for all your feedback!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Small additional cost? $200 is small? Plus $30 a month for 3G? I'll use miwi or nothing since I rarely take mine out of the house. My wifi model is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe
it's $130 plus either $15 or $25 monthly fees.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
My first iPad was a Wi-Fi-only one, which I pretty much bought because I couldn't bear to wait for the 3G version. I sold it and bought a 3G one when they came out.

I'm glad I got the 3G model. I've found that I do make it to many places where Wi-Fi isn't available and the iPad is pretty useless to me without an internet connection.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have WiFi only and kind of regret it now. Mainly because of lack of GPS though. While WPS works remarkably well, it is still not true GPS. I can see taking my iPad on long drives and it working great for navigation--if it had true GPS.

Also, I don't know whether it is me, or was just a fluke, or what, but I seem to have trouble using 3G on my iPhone 4 itself when the iPad is also accessing it via MyWi. Yes I do still need to use the Internet on my iPhone when I have iPad with me. ;)

Michael

Camitampa

Bronze
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa Fl
It became well worth the additional money once my wife tried to look something up on google while we were in the car and she couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. Then I explained about the 130 dollars she saved us by insisting we didn't need the 3G model. We took our 32gb wifi only back yesterday and repurchased a 32gb 3G model. Too bad she didn't try to download a 50 gb app.