Anyone Bricked?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hmind

Jul 17, 2007
Hey guys, I've seen all the mods you guys have done to the phone lately and I completely understand the whole linux-like interface of jailbrake. So as you can imagine I am dying to mod my iPhone. However before I do go and try, I would like to know if anyone here has bricked their phone doing so with no way to restore or have heard of someone being bricked? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question.

Thanks in advance.

-Hmind

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
#1 Its not a stupid question thats a perfectly fine one..

Id like to see if anyone got bricked too really.. Honestly I was in your shoes yesterday and I decided to just give it a try..

Honestly it was a piece of cake.. i didn't do the ring tones tho I just modded everything else it was pretty easy I think you should try it.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
yep i was terrified at first but after reading over the steps a couple of times i did it np and i'm novice at best, i no nothing about run or cmd lol

Hmind

Jul 17, 2007
Ya i figured so, each iPhone firmware should be identical so if the same steps are done correctly then it should always have the same result. Thats what I like about computers :) Anyway im on vacation and left my iPhone at home since it doesn't even work out here and its a beach environment, but if no one replies with a truthful "bricking" story when I get back, you guys should be seeing my mods soon :)

Thanks

-Hmind

.:MirrorminD:.

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Alhonestly I wasn't worried at all, i have been modding motos for years, and Windows Mobile as well. But once you do it once, its addictive

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
I was kind of wondering about anyone being bricked also. When jailbreak was first developed for the MAC I remember reading about the threat of being bricked, but as far as I know that was taken care of.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Alhonestly I wasn't worried at all, i have been modding motos for years, and Windows Mobile as well. But once you do it once, its addictive
Thats 100% correct Lol well iPhone wise.. I modified the battery was so happy I modified the little battery on top right, wifi, carrier, edge , signal bars and icons in home screen lol and still lookin for more

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
Nope no brick here. and one time i made multiple mistakes maybe 15. it still works. in my case i thought ohhhh what do i do now. i calmed down went back to the iPhoneinterface step and started again.

i have never heard of anyone "bricking there phone"

+++ Great forum here as well +++

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I've had a couple of moments where I was like, " OH GOD! It's gonna be bricked, I just know it!" However, it hasn't happened to me...yet.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
When I did my iPhone yesterday I froze at one point or atleast I think I did because I never got the thing that said its done and enjoy a new world or watever that crap said my phone was just blank.. I left and came back and I was at the home screen lol they said don't touch so I didn't wanna llol

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Hey guys, I've seen all the mods you guys have done to the phone lately and I completely understand the whole linux-like interface of jailbrake. So as you can imagine I am dying to mod my iPhone. However before I do go and try, I would like to know if anyone here has bricked their phone doing so with no way to restore or have heard of someone being bricked? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question.

Thanks in advance.

-Hmind

I was in an Apple Store ( Woodlands Texas) day before yesterday. I asked the guy who was doing a workshop how others are changing this items. Through 3rd party software , HOWEVER, if something goes wrong and you can not get it to correct, the warranty is no good. Now, with that being said, this is an Apple Associate telling me this and I realize that it could be an answer due to not knowing how our what others are doing to the phone. But, the cautious person I am, I am going to wait for updates hoping I can do something like this without having to use 3rd party software. I am not by any means knocking down what others try and succeed with. After all, I am in the businesss of creativity and trying new things.

Hmind

Jul 17, 2007
well I know it would void the warranty but then again if it is truly "bricked" how can they prove right there and then that you were modding it? I'm sure there is risk, though by the looks of it, the jailbreak and iPhoneinterface software were made well by people who have done this before.

I have a modded ipod nano with ipod linux, i screwed up a few times and just restored. I figured the iPhone should be the same its just a little more intimidating because of its price and the extra features etc.

Thanks for the responses guys.