Anyone camping out in NYC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 19, 2007
If so, I'd like to interview you, either on or off the record, for a piece I'm working on. If you can help, feel free to send me a message or post here. You would need to live in NYC and be camping out in NYC. Ideally, I'd need to speak with people today (Tuesday, June 19). Thanks.

Jun 17, 2007
If so, I'd like to interview you, either on or off the record, for a piece I'm working on. If you can help, feel free to send me a message or post here. You would need to live in NYC and be camping out in NYC. Ideally, I'd need to speak with people today (Tuesday, June 19). Thanks.
I believe I'll be camping out at the Apple Store here.

Jun 15, 2007
I believe I'll be camping out at the Apple Store here.

I'm probably going to be camping out at the Apple store in NYC as well but I'm not sure if that is a better or worse idea than at a AT&T store. I feel like the Apple people will be much better prepared to handle the situation. AT&T employees that I've talked to have seemed less knowledgeable/interested when it comes to iPhones. What are your thoughts?

Jun 17, 2007
I'm not really sure either. I think the Apple stores are going to be a mob scene, but I also think the buying experience will be better there. I also think they'll have more on hand.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I live in NYC and have been thinking about this like crazy and I have concluded that the Apple 5th ave store will be INSANELY packed. Instead I am going to a corporate att store that is a 2 min walk for me so I don't need to worry about being in line for the whole day. I believe the two Apple stores will have a large quantity of phones but relative to the amount of people waiting, they will run out quickly.

Another topic, any of you NYC users seen ATT authorized retailers offering iPhone preorders? I have, and I put my name on the list so we will see what happens, but I am not expecting much.