Anyone else a little preturbed with the speaker phone volume?

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
I am a heavy speaker phone user, and I find the speaker phone on the iPhone is unusable except when in a dead quite room with the thing semi-close to my head. This is really a little upsetting.

I have all the volumes up as high as they can be, is there anyway to juice it up a bit? I hope so! My blackberry 8800 is incredible on speaker.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Mine is fine. In fact, if I turned it up all the way I'd have to hold it away from my head because it was so loud.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Mine is fine. In fact, if I turned it up all the way I'd have to hold it away from my head because it was so loud.
Why do you have the phone close to your head while using speakerphone?LOL
I think you missed his point...the hands-free speakerphone vol is bad, bad for me too!

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, it is ok in a semi-quite environment when its close to my head, but a lot of time when on speaker I will sit it on my truck hood or hold it around my stomach area and talk.

This just wont work with the iPhone, its just too low. Hopefully there is a fix somewhere out there.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I agree, the earbuds are amazing...I especially like the small white click button on the earbud cord. Great to use for both calls and ipod use.
My speaker isn't the greatest either. Have had Blackberry's that were better and Treo's that were (much, much, much) worse.
If I recall, I believe when the Treo came out there was a similar issue with the speaker volume. Treo never did officially address the problem and most users had to purchase 3rd party software to correct.

Mike

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I just went out today and bought some hearing aids, and it is much better. I highly recommend it.

:sick:

MBHockey

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Same here. For speaker phone situations, it's way too low. I'm 23, no need for hearing aids just yet, but i've noticed it's definitely low. The earpiece volume is ok in quiet places, but if you are in a crowded room or there is music playing, you cannot hear it.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I call bullshit. I took my phone to Apple today and they compared it to several phones in the back and said it was normal, and my speaker phone sucks. Maybe you should try using a phone that actually has a good speaker phone before you say this.

My old LG phone was louder if I set it 15 feet from me than my iPhone.

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
Mine is good. I think your ears are bad, I don't think Apple can help that.
I'm getting a little tired of seeing this response. It's not our ears. The speakerphone is low on it's highest setting. It doesn't make much sense.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I'm getting a little tired of seeing this response. It's not our ears. The speakerphone is low on it's highest setting. It doesn't make much sense.
I agree. It seems like people are so caught up in the hype they ignore all the obvious problems the phone has. Low volume, when it's this bad, is a major issue.

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
Well, I don't know if its possible without causing distortion (I guess depending on the model of speaker used), but I hope they come out with a firmware upgrade that remedies this problem.

Side by side with my blackberry phones its not even a comparison. Glad to see I don't stand alone.