Anyone else annoyed with Doom development?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
When I saw it on the list, I downloaded it right away only to discover that it had no audio and no controls! I thought, "How stupid" and deleted it. It has now been weeks and still, no more development. Just the same dysfunctional Doom. Now, I'm not gonna complain and say that they should get a move on, because it's their own choice. We're lucky to have anything, really. But if you've given up on it, at least take it off the Installer list so we don't have to keep seeing it because right now it truly is a worthless program (along with Magenta).

I think Installer should have SOME type of weeding out process so lame programs don't keep showing up on the list. Nothing too strict, but just some type of standard. Maybe the standard could be, "has some value". That's all I ask.

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
When I saw it on the list, I downloaded it right away only to discover that it had no audio and no controls! I thought, "How stupid" and deleted it. It has now been weeks and still, no more development. Just the same dysfunctional Doom. Now, I'm not gonna complain and say that they should get a move on, because it's their own choice. We're lucky to have anything, really. But if you've given up on it, at least take it off the Installer list so we don't have to keep seeing it because right now it truly is a worthless program (along with Magenta).

I think Installer should have SOME type of weeding out process so lame programs don't keep showing up on the list. Nothing too strict, but just some type of standard. Maybe the standard could be, "has some value". That's all I ask.

Every time some new and popular device comes along, someone tries to port Doom to it, not necessarily intending to have a fully supported Doom application but rather just to see if it can be done... I would not be surprised if we don't see any further development by the author, but you never know.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There were a couple apps on Installer that I thought would be cool but were just pointless development apps. They're quite annoying.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007

That program is actually fun for me.. it vibrates and stuff if you touch it now O.O and the about sign always tries to evade my fingers..its as if, it is a fake!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Doom, Aquarium, Zune2... they all need to be yanked from Installer IMO. They were nice to show what could be done--when there were no apps around. But now they just seem pointless to me. -- Mike

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
If you like the application, by all means, ask the developer about it but don't sit around bitching about lack of updates. They may never been seen by the developer. Put yourself in the developer's shoes... a lot of them don't frequent forums at all.

What you're asking for is more or less an "ignore" button in the installer. Make a feature suggestion.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
If you like the application, by all means, ask the developer about it but don't sit around bitching about lack of updates. They may never been seen by the developer. Put yourself in the developer's shoes... a lot of them don't frequent forums at all.

What you're asking for is more or less an "ignore" button in the installer. Make a feature suggestion.
I've been to his site, there are hundreds of comments about him making controls and he doesn't do it. And I don't think he needs to go to one of our forums to be enlightened to the fact that people want controls for Doom. He knows this and just doesn't want to do it. So take it off the Installer list because it's worthless and development is dead.