anyone else encountering problems since the 1.0.2 update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 31, 2007
I had modded it and had issues with the restore, mainly getting a time out error every time i did it. It finally worked but immediately after the phone would not vibrate, even on silent. I made sure vibrate was on everywhere and would just not vibrate for anything, calls, e-mail, texts.....That started working the next day, when i was going to go to Apple. Now the phone's ear piece is acting up. I get no audio, no ring tone and for sure no one's voice through the thing. When i put it on speaker it works fine but other than that she's silent. Really starting to piss me off, granted i can't outright blame the update since they seem like hardware issues, but i never had any of these problems previous to the update.....any one with similar issues?

:mad:

Roady

Aug 27, 2007
This might seem stupid but it's worth a shot since you are having so many troubles. I had similar symptoms the other day (about a day after update) what with no sound and all. All I had to do was plug in my headphones and take them out again. It seemed like the phone still thought they were in or something and thats why there was no audio. Hopefully this helps you.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I noticed my audio is louder, actually. But, YouTube freezes now. :( Shutting the power down and restarting helped a bit. But, I'm still getting freezes. Ugh.

UPDATE: Watchin Paul Potts' finals performance on Britain's Got Talent and no freezing! Woot!

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Posted this yesterday...

OK. So it might not be the update, maybe just coincidental timing but...

Now people have a hard time calling me. When they do, it either goes to my voicemail, tells them call cannot be completed as dialed, or it goes through and then when I answer goes to voicemail and hangs up on my side. Weird. This happens about 40% of the time.
Also, when I make an outgoing call (regardless of signal) about 50% of the time it goes right to others voicemail and then a screen pops up saying call has been forwarded, and I am forced to hit "Dismiss"

Second, flicking through pictures, sometimes it skips one and flicks 2 times.

Third, second row from the top is unresponsive, regardless of where I am on the iPhone.

Fourth, my ipod randomly will stop playing when I put it on shuffle of the rough 900 songs or so. And i KNOW I didn't go through that many lol. The GSM sound (you know the horse trotting sound), seems more frequent and louder.

So GREAT! Safari no longer crashes, instead, I am left with a cell phone that is suddenly unreliable, an mp3 player with a mind of its own, and a semi unresponsive "breakthrough" touchscreen. This really is the first time I have been disappointed at not only Apple, but my iPhone. Please 1.03 save me.

* phone is currently being sent out to be fixed, I have a loaner which I had to pay $30..bullshit.

Jul 31, 2007
i think i'm stuck with the $30 rental and sending it out. Once the voice finally kicked back in the vibrating stopped until this morning when i was trying to show someone that it was broken. That is, of course, when it starts working again. Now everything seems to work fine, for how long who knows. It's funny, the voice kicked back in last night when i was trying to show my roommate too. Apparently the iPhone is self conscious and you can embarrass it back into working. Hell i really don't want to send this thing out, i've barely had it a month. Plus the 30 dollars....don't think i won't try to make a stink about that crap. I shouldn't have to pay to borrow a $600 dollar device because my $600 device crapped out on me in 5 weeks. Balls!

:mad:Apple why do you mock me!

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I had modded it and had issues with the restore, mainly getting a time out error every time i did it. It finally worked but immediately after the phone would not vibrate, even on silent. I made sure vibrate was on everywhere and would just not vibrate for anything, calls, e-mail, texts.....That started working the next day, when i was going to go to Apple. Now the phone's ear piece is acting up. I get no audio, no ring tone and for sure no one's voice through the thing. When i put it on speaker it works fine but other than that she's silent. Really starting to piss me off, granted i can't outright blame the update since they seem like hardware issues, but i never had any of these problems previous to the update.....any one with similar issues?

:mad:
I updated mine this morning with no problems and "knock-on-wood" so far, everything seems to be working well.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The only issue I have encountered that is new since the update is that the ipod feature will lock up after about 6 hours of uninterrupted play forcing a reboot. I am trying to see how much battery will remain after playing for 12 hours undisturbed and I noticed that this is the second time the unit locked up on me. Not a major issue as I will only do this at work or when I am cycling, which is why I am testing this so I have the ability to use the phone if I get into trouble. =p

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
hmmm I've had zero problems since i patched it on the date of release (of the patch). I don't know if any of those have modded/hacked their phones though. Mines never been hacked, not that I would think it would make a diiference.