Anyone else experience iPhone envy from public?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I've been several places with my iPhone and I've had some people think it's really cool but other people have gotten kind of nasty. Comments like "I wouldn't have that think if you paid me", or they voluntarily tell me about all the features of their phones, as if I have challenged them in some way. Sour grapes, I'm sure. It's kind of funny! But anyone who starts looking at all the apps walks away amazed -- even if they are p*ssed.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yes it is a great product, but it does cost money and cause jealousy. :)

When people start telling me what my iPhone doesn't have. I just pop my Sony Ericsson k790a out of my left pocket and say Boo Ya Ka.

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Sure have and its annoying. I don't ask them to look at it.. but 2 times, I got the comment, "They are paying you way too much!"

Jealous people.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
ha they other day i was driving to an event to see some fireworks.. and i couldnt get past this restricted area.. this guy kept telling me "no, if you don't have the pass on you, i cant let you through" then he goes "is that the new iPhone" haha and thats when i knew i had him.. and i go "why yes it is, here have a look.. and i show him the cover flow, and i played a song real quick" and he goes "damnnn, that thing is tight.. ok ok just go through" hahah it was great

coolpox003

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
League City, TX
www.myspace.com
i've gotten the "they pay you way too much" line many times.. lol, but most of the time people are just amazed with the iPhone... I get stopped all the time, at work, at the video store, grocery store.... everywhere... People are like "Can i see..." and I just smile ith glee because I love the attenion. :)

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Does my girlfriend count? She's very jealous of my phone.
Wait, jealous of me for having the iPhone or jealous of the iPhone for my time? She's both. LOL I have had to limit my time playing with my phone when I'm win her. Sometimes I let her play with it too. That helps.

mango

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
txtshirt.com
Sure have and its annoying. I don't ask them to look at it.. but 2 times, I got the comment, "They are paying you way too much!"

Jealous people.

I'm getting so many ideas for my t-shirt designs.
I love it.

"I got it-wanna see it ?"

"I'm glad I stood in Line"

"Can yours do this.?"

"MiPhone looks better than your phone"

The list goes on.

Check out my site-
Happy 4th.

---Mango-

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
All the time! I'm afraid to use it in public anymore. Today, for example, I was at the store and I got a call from my girlfriend. When I was walking down an aisle, I heard someone say, "Oh my God he has an iPhone!" I just started walking faster :)

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Aside from one person that whispered "Oh, that's one of those new iPhones" nobody has said a word to me about it. Maybe I'm not using it in public enough. Not that I really want people bugging me about it.

Jun 21, 2007
Florida
Other than one "look, he has an iPhone" that I overheard, not one has said anything and I hope it remains that way. I haven't used it in public a whole lot though.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
All the time! I'm afraid to use it in public anymore. Today, for example, I was at the store and I got a call from my girlfriend. When I was walking down an aisle, I heard someone say, "Oh my God he has an iPhone!" I just started walking faster :)
yes as long as nothing bad happens like i get jumped or someone steals it, i will love the attention :laugh2:

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
Krispy Kreme

Picked up a cup of coffee this morning and the girl working the window peeked her head out the window and said "oh my gosh, it's the iPhone".

I just smiled :laugh2: and said, "yes it is!"

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I've overheard a person here and there say "look, she has an iPhone..." --

The only DIRECT interaction I've had was with another guy who had one (ran into him in Starbucks, LOL)... and we talked about all the amazing things we like about it.

And of course, I've shown it off to my family and friends... but that was initiated by me :)

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I don't get asked directly but everytime I pull the thing out in public I hear the word "iPhone" said somewhere in the general vicinity of me.

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
yes as long as nothing bad happens like i get jumped or someone steals it, i will love the attention :laugh2:
Haha yes that's what I'm afraid of. Like one person said, I got it so I could use it, not to show off. Although it is fun, I have to admit :)

Zachary Vex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Minneapolis
I went through a Home Depot today and the guy ringing me up stopped suddenly when he saw my iPhone and said "Is that it?" Like "it" is the iPhone, suddenly, and everything else isn't "it." He remarked on how small and thin it looked compared to the commercials he's seen. Apple should use larger hand models. 8^)

cmiphone

Jul 5, 2007
I was in best buy the other day trying to find headphones to fit my iPhone (obviously unsuccessful) and an employee came up to me and all he really said was, "an iPhone huh, I've really only heard bad things about those so far." I was like whatever, where the heck have you been!