Anyone else get scammed by iflakjacket ?

Apr 9, 2007
I ordered and prepaid 75$ for this 45 days ago with October delivery promised. October has come and gone with hardly a word from them. Don't make the same mistake I did.

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
I was wondering if they for real. The site seemed very amateur so I decided to wait to find out if anyone actually got one.

I would file a complaint to get your money back if you haven't heard from them.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
dude that sucks..

that kind of thing makes you question buying things online but i still do it anyone o.o;

<3ebay

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Man that sucks for you ... i hope things turn out okay ... i would definitely not give up

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
it says it was avaiable as of nov 1st... its only the 4th... give it a few days it might come in... but still looks like a kinda shady site

Apr 9, 2007
I got an e mail stating they expected deliver this past Friday and would ship on Monday. So now I wait again and will report end of week.

Nov 14, 2007
Got Mine, New Design Shipping Notice

I ordered and prepaid 75$ for this 45 days ago with October delivery promised. October has come and gone with hardly a word from them. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Hey All,

I got mine a couple of days ago and it's pretty cool. However, I just got a notice from the President of the company. There is a brand new design coming which fixes a reception problem in bad reception areas and the sensor block fix. They seem pretty committed to keeping us happy.

Here's the body of the email I got.

Coupepilot

"We at Creative Composites are committed to our customers and delivering the best products on the market. Recently you were shipped a FlakJacket for the iPhone and we thank you for your order. However, we have found during testing that in certain areas with low reception from AT&T that the iPhone with your version of the FlakJacket does not received the best reception possible. Our team of designers have developed and delivered a far better design with superior reception capabilities which has no degree of reception degradation.

Because we value you as a customer, we will be shipping you a brand new, completely redesigned FlakJacket for your iPhone. There is no need to return your current FlakJacket. We will be posting new images of the FlakJacket in the next few days. Shipping is scheduled to begin in one week.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we appreciate your patience. We stand by our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Sincerely,

Rodney Henson
President
Creative Composites
iFlakJacket.com"

Bravo

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Hollywood
I have been in email contact with Rodney, and he offered a full refund before I could even mention it just to make sure I was happy!

I can understand the headache when something new comes out, and needing to redesign it and making sure everyone is happy.

VERY cool of them to send out a NEW one to all old customers for FREE!

Think that and the full refund offer make me feel this company is not trying to scam anyone.

I told him that I wished he would have put this info about the delayed shipping on the page and would have let me (others) know about the delay in shipping without me having to email him first.

I have friends who do stuff with kydex, carbon fiber, etc and from the pics these look pretty well made, that and the fact that he will send out new versions when a issue pops up, makes my wait for this 1 week longer not that hard.

(still waiting on my replacement case from incase that I was suppose to get a few weeks ago......)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Since I don't know the answer, I'll ask the question. What exactly does a carbon fiber case do for the iPhone thats different than any other case?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
What's your problem? It's personal preference. Some people like carbon fiber, some don't. There are leather cases out there that cost $75+. Are you questioning them?
Asking a question means I have a problem? Ooooooookay Buddy! Had you been paying attention, you would have seen my previous question about this same subject.

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
Yes, I did read your previous post and it seems like you are trying to be a smartass and act like people who want to spend money on carbon fiber are idiots.

The reason carbon fiber is different than other materials is just that. Some people like to have a case that not many other people have. CF products are relatively expensive to buy and even more difficult to find it done right.

CF can be much thinner and more durable than an agent18 case. It takes lots of experience to be able to lay CF correctly.

There is your answer.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Yes, I did read your previous post and it seems like you are trying to be a smartass and act like people who want to spend money on carbon fiber are idiots.

The reason carbon fiber is different than other materials is just that. Some people like to have a case that not many other people have. CF products are relatively expensive to buy and even more difficult to find it done right.

CF can be much thinner and more durable than an agent18 case. It takes lots of experience to be able to lay CF correctly.

There is your answer.
I don't know who the hell you think you are. You seem to have gotten a lot out of a question. If I knew what the hell a carbon fiber case was for I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

As far as being a smartass......you don't know me at ALL!

So here you go jackass...I don't know anything about carbon fiber cases!