Anyone else get stupid looks when Using iPhone's earbuds to talk?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Somepeople at work today ask me who I was talking to, Cause I was just talking to my girlfriend using my iPhone headset, but since it looks like regular mp3 earbuds they thought I was crazy lol.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Somepeople at work today ask me who I was talking to, Cause I was just talking to my girlfriend using my iPhone headset, but since it looks like regular mp3 earbuds they thought I was crazy lol.
For what it's worth, I think anyone talking on a hands-free device, ear-bud style or bluetooth style, looks crazy. LOL :p

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I've never actually used them to make a call. I typically use my Jawbone for calls, and my Shure E2cs when I want to listen to music.

I think the stock earbuds are very clever, but I just can't get past the lackluster sound quality.

you should have seen the looks I got yesterday when wearing my Bose OTE headphones and I got a call. I hit slide to answer and held the phone up to my face in a 'beam me up Scotty' look! I think the three people across from me thought i lost my mind and was talking to an mp3 player.

I have used the included earbuds several times and really like the fake stereo sound. I don't recall any funny looks while on calls but i was also not paying attention when using those.

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Personally I can't stand people who use a BT headset or earphones when they're just standing there or not doing anything. How hard is it to hold a phone up to your ear instead of having your hands in your pocket? Now if you're driving or using your hands for some other reason...more power to you. It just looks like the people who are using one while walking around the mall or standing still are trying to show off or something.

Thatguy

Jul 20, 2007
Personally I can't stand people who use a BT headset or earphones when they're just standing there or not doing anything. How hard is it to hold a phone up to your ear instead of having your hands in your pocket? Now if you're driving or using your hands for some other reason...more power to you. It just looks like the people who are using one while walking around the mall or standing still are trying to show off or something.
I use the stock headphones for talking on the phone all the time even while sitting still. I find them incredibly useful for allowing me to browse my contacts, look at dates on a calendar or do other things on my iPhone when putting someone on speaker is not an option.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Columbus got the same looks...
I always enjoy when they are having a really animated converstaion and start throwing their hands around. Never sure if they are a crazy person on using a headset. Living in a larger city with thet percentage of crazies is pretty high always makes this a tough call. :laugh2:

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
lol Well I mean Atleast If you see the Bluetooth Headset, people kinda get the idea. But the stock earbuds look just like any iPod earbuds, and people are just not used to seeing people talk on them. I use my stock earbuds, I don't have any problem with them, It think the sound is great on them, and they are actually louder then talking with the iPhone next to your ear.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Haha, yeah I've used it in public to talk to my girlfriend as well and people give you "the look" for sure. It's weird at first because no one really knows theres a microphone on the hands-free headset.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i was talking inside a circuit city last time and i felt kindda weird, so i took out my iPhone and hold it in my hand so they would know:p

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
I always use the earbuds at work and I get funny looks all day or I get the "are you talking to me?". When I'm talking on the earbuds people always come up to me and say "is there a mic on that? Let me see" I love em.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
i was talking inside a circuit city last time and i felt kindda weird, so i took out my iPhone and hold it in my hand so they would know:p
I do the samething. I can't stand when people have their BT in their ear and you have no idea if they're on the phone or not. It can make for some awkward situations thats for sure.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, like I'm going to take my earphones out of my ears and then unplug them so I can answer a call on my iPhone because it came in while I was watching Star Trek Voyager... Just because I don't want people like you thinking I'm stupid. LOL

Thatguy

Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, like I'm going to take my earphones out of my ears and then unplug them so I can answer a call on my iPhone because it came in while I was watching Star Trek Voyager... Just because I don't want people like you thinking I'm stupid. LOL
Wow, and I thought I was the only one who liked Voyager. Where did you get the episodes? ;)