Anyone else get stupid looks when Using iPhone's earbuds to talk?

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Not all of us can hold the phone

I've had both my shoulders reconstructed, the right one - twice, and I find it difficult to hold a phone up to my head for more than a few minutes. I'm not weak - lift weights several times a week; however holding my arm in that position for longer than 5 minutes causes me pain. I'm happy for the ear buds.

Has anyone found 3rd party buds w/mic to replace the buds? The stock bud's quality is poor at best.

Lester

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Who cares what other people think? I haven't gotten a look yet. But if I did I'd just keep on doing exactly what I was doing. Besides, I don't use both earbuds for a telephone call. I don't need a fake stereo conversation from a mono phone call.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I've had both my shoulders reconstructed, the right one - twice, and I find it difficult to hold a phone up to my head for more than a few minutes. I'm not weak - lift weights several times a week; however holding my arm in that position for longer than 5 minutes causes me pain. I'm happy for the ear buds.

Has anyone found 3rd party buds w/mic to replace the buds? The stock bud's quality is poor at best.

Lester
Yeah, here's one. http://www.rivetnow.com/home/file/product/iproduct_id/109/iPhone_Headset.html

Check out the thread:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/alternative-to-stock-earphones.5374/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Personally I can't stand people who use a BT headset or earphones when they're just standing there or not doing anything. How hard is it to hold a phone up to your ear instead of having your hands in your pocket? Now if you're driving or using your hands for some other reason...more power to you. It just looks like the people who are using one while walking around the mall or standing still are trying to show off or something.
You have no idea what their situation or motivation is yet you can't stand them? Why? How exactly are they affecting you?

Now if you said you didn't like people talking on their cells during a movie, getting in the way of you enjoying the film you paid to see then, yes, I could understand.

--
Mike

Thatguy

Jul 20, 2007
iTunes of course! I'm an iTunes video junkie... I swear, I spend more money on those $2 video's...
Ah, well I learned something new today. I just wish I could stream all those old reruns on Spike TV directly to my iPhone. I missed the last season due to the network changing, and watching the reruns was a godsend for me.