Anyone Else Getting This Error In Cydia?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Kadelic, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

For the past few days I've been getting an error from the iclarified repository. I figured it would sort itself out, but since it's persisting I wanted to see if anyone else is getting it too.

[​IMG]

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Yup...I took out the repo as I was sick of looking at that error message....site down?

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

iClarified's repo is pretty useless anyway, which package do you use from it?

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the quick responses guys. After looking through my installed packages it turns out I don't have any installed from that repo. Guess I'll be removing it as well ;)

Edit: when I go to edit my sources in Cydia I'm not given the option to delete that particular one (no red minus sign). Is it easy to delete using iFile?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

I get it occasionally from there. But I don't think I have any tweaks or mods from modmyi.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

iClarified's source hasn't had anything of any value within it for a long time.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You should be able to remove it, hard-reset the phone and launch Cydia again and try and remove the source. You can do it through iFile if you really want too.

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

After a hard reset it still won't let me remove the source. I think I'll just let it be for now, the last time I messed with the sources in the file system I ended up having to restore and re-jailbreak :(

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

9. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

On the load up screen of Cydia click into "More Package Sources" select iClarified>Modify>Remove

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

To remove a repo/source via iFile is easy, don't get me wrong you can mess up but it's certainly not difficult.

Launch iFile and navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list - then you will need to delete the repo which is causing the errors. Even after removing the repo you can still get errors, so you may need to remove the repo from the metadata.plist located /var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist

Once you've found the metadata.plist search for the conflicting repo/source and remove it. It will look something like:

<key>deb:http: //*the repo/source*.com/:./</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Distribution</key>
    <string>./</string>
    <key>Type</key>
    <string>deb</string>
    <key>URI</key>
    <string>http: //*the repo/source*.com/</string>
    </dict>

Hope that helps :)

#10 iphonewarrior, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  11. Tina Osborne

Tina Osborne New Member

I am getting specific errors while trying to download anything in Cydia, I just did a jailbreak on iPhone 4 with IOS 5.1.1 using Greenpois0n Absinthe 2.0, everything went fine during the process. But when I started istalling things inside of Cydia the same error kept popping up and then Cydia would tell me that it was only half-installed and needed to either be removed or corrected, here are the errors exactly as they appeared in Cydia during the install..
    1. Subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
    2. Subprocess/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Has anyone seen this before? Bc I am very new to this and have no idea what to do, please if anyone knows how to fix this you will be my hero, I even reset my phone back to factory settings and reinstalled to see if that would correct it bc I saw that on a forum, Nope didn't do it, please any advice? Thanks in advance for help..

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Honestly, it's not anything you're doing or your phone. It's what you're trying to install that's causing the issue that the developer will have to be made aware of. Can you tell us what you're trying to install that gives you these errors?