Anyone else going to do this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

robbys

Feb 25, 2007
I'm definitely planning on buying the 8gb iPhone as soon as I can get my hands on one, but I currently have a 30gb video iPod. My plan is to sell off my iPod on Ebay and put my earnings towards my iPhone purchase. I thought about keeping both, but I can't think of a reason to lug two iPod devices around. I know that 8gb doesn't go very far in terms of media (especially with video content), but I think I'd rather manually manage my library on the iPhone and only have to carry one device. After all, that is one of the best features of the iPhone, it is an 'all-in-one' device. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.

archer6

Bronze
May 15, 2007
I'm definitely planning on buying the 8gb iPhone as soon as I can get my hands on one, but I currently have a 30gb video iPod. My plan is to sell off my iPod on Ebay and put my earnings towards my iPhone purchase. I thought about keeping both, but I can't think of a reason to lug two iPod devices around. I know that 8gb doesn't go very far in terms of media (especially with video content), but I think I'd rather manually manage my library on the iPhone and only have to carry one device. After all, that is one of the best features of the iPhone, it is an 'all-in-one' device. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.
Since the iPhone is an unproven device and could quite likely have problems which require it be returned, or sent in for warranty work. I would not give up your iPod just yet.

Wait until you actually get the iPhone and use it for a month. This way your not getting rid of a perfectly good iPod for ver 1.0 phone which may or may not be reliable and bug free.

After your iPhone has proven to be reliable then your idea should work out OK.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I plan on keeping my 8GB nano even after I get the iPhone. The iPhone should be able to handle all of my day to day mobile multimedia needs. The nano will be kept for those times that I need the extra battery life (ie long flights). I will also use the nano when I don't need my cell phone like when I go to Costa Rica for vacation in November.

DaveNYC

May 15, 2007
My iPod is already a few years old and scratched up, so I doubt I would get much for it. It would be much more useful to me as a backup to all my files. What I probably will do, however, is put my iPhone on eBay once version 2 comes around.

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
My iPod is toast after leaving it in my car on a couple hot summer days on accident.
I've been without it for about a year.
It's old and dumpy for todays standards.
If it still worked I would try and sell it on ebay.
40 gigs is 40 gigs.

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I bought a 1 gig nano last summer for my way to and from work because it was so cheap with my student discount. I got an 80gig ipod video for xmas and haven't really used the nano much since. I'll probably end up keeing both even with the iPhone just in case something goes wrong with the phone or for long flights. I guess i have no need for the nano but it isn't worth the hassle of putting it up for sale. I wouldn't get more than $10 or something.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
I sold my unlocked blackberry last week for $420 on eBay and also sold my old 15gig 3g iPod for $58...I am using my spare unlocked treo right now on the Cingular network. (I have removed the data plan for now)

I loved my blackberry and have used them for 4 years for work and personal.