Anyone Else Have An iPhone That Takes FOREVER To Come Up On The iTunes And Sync?

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
when i plug my iPhone it i swear it takes at lwast 3-5 min of hour glassing to show up on iTunes then when i sync anything (backup or just one song, pic, tone) it takes a minimium of 5 Min to finish. longer if im syncing a lot of new things. phone was modded now its not anymore. any thoughts?

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
when i plug my iPhone it i swear it takes at lwast 3-5 min of hour glassing to show up on iTunes then when i sync anything (backup or just one song, pic, tone) it takes a minimium of 5 Min to finish. longer if im syncing a lot of new things. phone was modded now its not anymore. any thoughts?
It probably has absolutely nothing to do with the iPhone. It's probably your computer.

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
no cause when I first got the phone it was butter. I just thought it was from modding it. But even after restores after every update even though I modded my phone one time before the 1st update it still takes forever..

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My first thought is what computer are you using and how much memory do you have and what all do you have running.

I am not trying to insult at all but that is what I think when I read your post.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Being a Technical support agent i deal with a lot of stuff like this.
And the computers speed is diffinitly something to look at.

Also conflicting or courted software or files.

First try Rebooting the computer
If it is still slow, Check to see how many processes you have running and what your CPU ussage is. You could just have to much stuff running at once.

If that turns out ok, honestly uninstall then reinstall iTunes.

That pretty much covers everything on the PC side.

Good luck.

I have a 1.6 Centrino Notebook that i use for my iTune needs.
And it loads up decently. It has 512mb ram. So thats not the fastest PC. But i don't have problems at all. Only when i start Multi tasking. lol

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
a dell inspiron 2200 laptop like 2 years old. its not that trust me. my ipod would load up fine before the battery died like 5 days ago. its just the phone

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i said how long in my original post. i plug it in and i see the hourglass move for a good 3-5 min before the iPhone tab comes up. i mean i can still click and do other things its not just the hourglass only icon.

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
yes if by stock u mean i didn't mod it again. i restored and it takes forever still but when i went to a friends computer it was quick. i think i have to uninstall and reinstall iTunes cause i know its not my computer/usage/etc... also even tho i modded it only one time everytime i have an phone update i have to restore to update which is soo stupid. is that something u would know about?