Anyone else have problems with NFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I can't seem to figure out why i can't get the NFC to work on my new iPhone. No matter what i try it just won't let me pair any my devices via NFC, like my bluetooth/nfc speaker. Has anyone got it to work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I can't seem to figure out why i can't get the nfc to work on my new iphone. no matter what i try it just won't let me pair any my devices via NFC. like my bluetooth/nfc speaker. has anyone got it to work?
Are you saying your bluetooth won't work or your NFC won't work there two totally different things.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
I can't seem to figure out why i can't get the nfc to work on my new iphone. no matter what i try it just won't let me pair any my devices via NFC. like my bluetooth/nfc speaker. has anyone got it to work?
NFC is only for Apple Pay and it hasn't been implemented yet. It's not like Android where you can use it for anything you can think of. Apple has it on lock down for now.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
Are you saying your bluetooth won't work or your NFC won't work there two totally different things.
On Android you can use NFC to pair bluetooth devices, among a plethora of other things. That's what he's talking about.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Android? Whats that?
Android is a type of OS that if you need to do something that your iPhone can't and trust me the list is very long. then that's when you use android. It's not for the kiddies.

Last edited by a moderator:

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
That crap is too buggy for me.
So what you call it when you unlock your iphone and then real quick try to swipe left or right on your home screen the iphone takes atleast 2-3 swipes before it goes to the next home screen? i call that lagg. my note3 doesn't have that lagg

Last edited:

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
That crap is too buggy for me.
You clearly haven't used Android in a long time. I'm not going to get too much into it here because this is an iPhone forum and I don't want people to start hating me, but I will say this- Android is a completely different beast nowadays and in my experience, it has proven to be dramatically more stable and far less buggy than iOS has been. I've had more crashes on my 6 in the week that I've owned it than in the YEAR that I've had my Nexus 5 and Moto X, combined. And I'm not exaggerating. Neither of my Android phones have EVER rebooted on me, and my iPhone 6 has already rebooted on me twice already. Not to mention the freezing and lag that the 6 has... none of that on either of my Android phones. The whole "iPhone just works" thing is a load of crap. Android just works; iOS just has rabid fans that can't see past the outward beauty of the iPhone and iOS.

All that said, I still love my iPhone and iOS... But there are few things that it does better than Android, and stability is certainly not one of them.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
You clearly haven't used Android in a long time. I'm not going to get too much into it here because this is an iPhone forum and I don't want people to start hating me, but I will say this- Android is a completely different beast nowadays and in my experience, it has proven to be dramatically more stable and far less buggy than iOS has been. I've had more crashes on my 6 in the week that I've owned it than in the YEAR that I've had my Nexus 5 and Moto X, combined. And I'm not exaggerating. Neither of my Android phones have EVER rebooted on me, and my iPhone 6 has already rebooted on me twice already. Not to mention the freezing and lag that the 6 has... none of that on either of my Android phones. The whole "iPhone just works" thing is a load of crap. Android just works; iOS just has rabid fans that can't see past the outward beauty of the iPhone and iOS.

All that said, I still love my iPhone and iOS... But there are few things that it does better than Android, and stability is certainly not one of them.
Your complaining about your iPhone 6 crashing when it's running an operating system that isn't even a month old. iOS7 was probably one of the most stable operating systems ever ... trust me I've used my fair share of androids phones and yes a lot of this has been recently I have an S5 and I use HTC one at work both are nice however there OS is too buggy for me and battery life with Android will always be an issue.

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009

Bunch of people I know would say the opposite based on their droid experiences. I have never owned one myself. All my apple products work without issue and as long as that continues I will stick with apple.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
Your complaining about your iPhone 6 crashing when it's running an operating system that isn't even a month old. iOS7 was probably one of the most stable operating systems ever ... trust me I've used my fair share of androids phones and yes a lot of this has been recently I have an S5 and I use HTC one at work both are nice however there OS is too buggy for me and battery life with Android will always be an issue.
You would think that Apple in all their glory, would fully test their OS before releasing it to the masses. Their first bug fix, 8.0.1, introduced even MORE problems with complaints about phones being rendered all but useless. When I got my Nexus 5 the OS was days old, yet I still had no issues. I've had the same problems on every single iPhone I have owned, which is every model since the 4 (clearly I love the iPhone), and my 5s with iOS 7 was the worst of the bunch. Heck, my iPad Mini Retina (which is hands down my favorite tablet among the 4 I own, including a Nexus 7 Android tablet) is still on iOS 7 and I have crashes all the time. And you can't judge Android as a whole based on your experience with Samsung or HTC devices, as they run heavily modified versions of Android. I have a very strong dislike for Samsung phones and HTC devices just don't appeal to me anymore. Stock Android like what's on the Nexus 5 and Moto X is damn near flawless. So whenever you see me sing praises to Android, I am always referring to the stock experience, as I can't stand manufacturer skins.

I do agree on battery life though, that is one area where iOS just really excels at. My Moto X has had the best battery life out of any Android phone I've owned (which is a LOT, to say the least) and it still isn't as good as the iPhone. Plus, I love how fast the iPhone charges so even if you do need to fill up the tank, you can do so in minimal time.

Out of curiosity, what kind of bugs did you run into with the HTC One? I had one for a little while and didn't have any issues with it. I won't ask about the Samsung because nothing would surprise me.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Battery life is actually better on my note3 than on my new iphone6. and i don't even use my iphone as my main phone. right now looking at both of them my iphone6 has 45% and my note3 has 69% both came off the charger at the same time. and like i said im not even using the iphone as much as my note3. and if you look at the mfg spec for both. they show you what i say is true.
iphone6+ specs
Talk time:
Up to 24 hours on 3G
Standby time:
Up to 16 days (384 hours)

note3 specs
Stand-by Up to 420 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 25 h (3G)

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
You would think that Apple in all their glory, would fully test their OS before releasing it to the masses. Their first bug fix, 8.0.1, introduced even MORE problems with complaints about phones being rendered all but useless. When I got my Nexus 5 the OS was days old, yet I still had no issues. I've had the same problems on every single iPhone I have owned, which is every model since the 4 (clearly I love the iPhone), and my 5s with iOS 7 was the worst of the bunch. Heck, my iPad Mini Retina (which is hands down my favorite tablet among the 4 I own, including a Nexus 7 Android tablet) is still on iOS 7 and I have crashes all the time. And you can't judge Android as a whole based on your experience with Samsung or HTC devices, as they run heavily modified versions of Android. I have a very strong dislike for Samsung phones and HTC devices just don't appeal to me anymore. Stock Android like what's on the Nexus 5 and Moto X is damn near flawless. So whenever you see me sing praises to Android, I am always referring to the stock experience, as I can't stand manufacturer skins.

I do agree on battery life though, that is one area where iOS just really excels at. My Moto X has had the best battery life out of any Android phone I've owned (which is a LOT, to say the least) and it still isn't as good as the iPhone. Plus, I love how fast the iPhone charges so even if you do need to fill up the tank, you can do so in minimal time.

Out of curiosity, what kind of bugs did you run into with the HTC One? I had one for a little while and didn't have any issues with it. I won't ask about the Samsung because nothing would surprise me.
You sir need to join a droid forum.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
battery life is actually better on my note3 than on my new iphone6. and i don't even use my iphone as my main phone. right now looking at both of them my has 45% and my note3 has 69% both came off the charger at the same time. and like i said im not even using the iphone as much as my note3. and if you look at the mfg spec for both. they show you what i say is true.
iphone6+ specs
Talk time:
Up to 24 hours on 3G
Standby time:
Up to 16 days (384 hours)

note3 specs
Stand-by Up to 420 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 25 h (3G)
You sir can join him!