Anyone else have their iPhone crash?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 7, 2007
Lake Forest, CA
Anyone else have their iPhone crash? Yesterday afternoon my iPhone displayed the error message “connect to iTunes”. It displayed a yellow triangle and nothing I could do would re-start the phone until I got home and restored it through iTunes. In doing so I also lost all the photos I had taken with the phone and I had to re-input all my Wi-Fi and email passwords. The battery was also critically low when I restored it even though I had charged it the night before and did not use it much at all since charging. I’ve also noticed that the usage displays showing "usage since last full charge" have not displayed any data since I bought the iPhone.

Thanks

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Anyone else have their iPhone crash? Yesterday afternoon my iPhone displayed the error message “connect to iTunes”. It displayed a yellow triangle and nothing I could do would re-start the phone until I got home and restored it through iTunes. In doing so I also lost all the photos I had taken with the phone and I had to re-input all my Wi-Fi and email passwords. The battery was also critically low when I restored it even though I had charged it the night before and did not use it much at all since charging. I’ve also noticed that the usage displays showing "usage since last full charge" have not displayed any data since I bought the iPhone.

Thanks
Dude, that is serious stuff. I've never heard of an iPhone freaking out that much before. I would take that back, it sounds like your battery indicator might be screwed up now...

Jul 7, 2007
I had mine crash tonight but that was after I did a hard reset on it because it was giving me "call failed" messages earlier. iTunes restored it and it seems fine for now.

Jul 7, 2007
Lake Forest, CA
My iPhone never did display any values in the “ time since last full charge”, just blank lines where the time value would be “Usage ---“ Standby---“. I exchanged it and my new one works just fine. This might explain why my wife’s iPhone purchased the same day has always had better battery life. After my first iPhone crashed the other day and displayed the dreaded “yellow triangle”, I had to restore it through iTunes but the battery issue remained so I returned it.

Jul 17, 2007
Crash

I was listening to my voicemail a couple days ago on speaker, and the message cut to a continuous beeeeeeeeep that I couldn't control. I hard booted and haven't had the problem since. I did have a SMS waiting after the reboot, so I have to think that is what caused the lockup

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
dude my iPhone crashed on me when I was in the O'hare airport. it just crashed like nething. the hard reset was as well not working. Then I had to wait for nearly 1 hr when the entire iPhone started to become hot and the battery went down. I turned it on again n it was fine. Till date m not able to understand as to why it crashed on me like that.

Apr 15, 2008
Help!

i tried installing an application on my iPhone and it froze. i tried rebooting it but it keeps freezing on the aple logo screen. when i connect it to my pc, which uses vista, all the phone does is restart, freeze on the logo screen, and vibrates. can someone please tell me what to do? i'm not in the US so i cant go to the Apple store to replace it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
it shouldnt matter if your in the US or not, any Apple shop should take it or swap it for you. but if you've been putting apps on there then u'll need to make your you restore it before you take it to them or they'll know you've messed with it!

have you tried holding down the sleep/power button together with the home button, and plug it into iTunes and it may come up that way.

i'm sure someone will be able to help you on here somewhere

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
dennisls111 said:
I don't got an iPhone yet, I am thinking of getting one though.
get one, it'll be the best thing you'll ever do, i go through phones like god knows what, i'm not joking one a month ish!

i had that n95 got bored of it in like 3weeks, even though it has differetn and in some case better features, i wouldn't give up my iPhone for anything! i'd start a small war if need be!

just pay a little money and you'll get a lot back, if you buy it and don't like it you can punch me in the face! ha ha

tom187

Apr 21, 2008
iPhone Freezing, Unresponsive, Crashed.

I bought an iPhone 1 week ago. Believe me, it is the coolest thing I have ever seen! How can you not love the easy Apple interface and all the features under one unit. Thought all this great electronic genius, I had problems with my phone as well.
I woke up one morning to find that my phone was just continually vibrating after the last call woke me up. I attempted to turn off the vibrating phone by pressing the screen, which was unresponsive. I then tried to push the middle button which did not good. I then attempted to power down the unit, which was still unsuccessful! I was pissed. I just paid $499 for this thing 1 week ago. I then took it and put it on the power dock. It was still locked. The phone also was very warm, and was not responding while the power was getting low.

I came back a few minutes later and plugged the dock into the computer. After 1 hour, I was able to get it to start working again. I was able to call a few people, but got the error "the Edge network is unavailable." And when I tried to use the internet or Wi-Fi, or use mail, it said "Serve not found." I brought it back to the AT&T store and it began to work again. They told me to monitor it, or I could bring it to the Apple store for them to either send it away of issue me another unit. I just bought it 1 week ago from AT7T, so I did not understand why I would go there and risk having them send it out, or make me pay more money, and/or loss a working phone which I needed. I then brought it to a Wi-Fi hotspot, and it worked again. I used it for a while, and then the internet stooped working and I got the same messages again. I brought it home, and read this site.
I then brought it back to the AT7T store. It again worked, which was mention in another post. I asked them to give me another unit, and then told me to go and bring it to the Apple store. I returned the entire phone, and had them activate my old phone. My former contract was expired, so I made sure that the new 2 year contract was made null, so I can buy another iPhone again, and not have to wait 2 more years!

Good Luck with the above information, I hope it helps someone!

-Neometh :mad:

Ababykitty

Nov 5, 2009
My iPhone crashed

My iPhone crashed yesterday while trying to add the update. I lost EVERYTHING, including over 2,000 songs, all of my pictures, apps, everything! Here's what I think happened so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I was syncing it to iTunes, clicked on updates, and then it said I needed the latest version of iTunes. Instead of unplugging my phone and updating iTunes first, I left it plugged in (DUH ME!). That's when it crashed. Beware! Do any iTunes first before plugging in your iPhone!

Ababykitty

Nov 5, 2009
Restored to factory settings

It only gave me the choice if restoring the factory settings. I have had my iPhone a year and had a LOT of stuff on it. It took me HOURS to put the stuff I had back on it. I still have over 2,000 songs to put back on it.