Anyone else having issues with Dropbox on iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Shanezam203, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

I'm a big user of Dropbox and camera upload and the last few days Dropbox has been saying I have 10-20 pictures to upload yet when I go in the app it's Frozen and doesn't Upload on Wifi or carrier LTE like it used to on previous devices.

I've tried a reinstall and toggling as many settings in Dropbox as I could, any suggestions?

Thank you,

Shane

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Nope. Everything is fine with Dropbox and my 6. I did have to update the app because it had something to do with iOS 8 not necessarily the 6.

3. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

Mine's been strange lately and even after a # of reinstalls I can't get it to be 100%.

When I go in the app, it isn't responsive and it isn't syncing like it used to, freezing and buggy. anyone else having that in dropbox on ios8 or iPhone 6?

4. Kzoo_Jake

Kzoo_Jake New Member

This is my first iPhone and It's not automatically uploading my photos as I take them as it did on all Android phones. I have to open the app then it will start the upload. I can't find any setting to change as there are so few settings to begin with on the iPhone version.

5. Kzoo_Jake

Kzoo_Jake New Member

Okay found my issue, iOS has a time limit on how long apps run in the background, I had to change the setting in camera uploads to allow periodic background uploads. Haven't tried it to see if it works but that would seem like the reason it doesn't upload as soon as I take a picture because dropbox isn't running in the background all the time like it does on Android.

6. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

I also noticed that Android does camera upload 100% after I take a pic, it is in Dropbox on an android. With Apple even with "Background data" enabled it still syncs when app is OPEN.

But I am having issues inside Dropbox on ios8 with the app open, anyone else?

7. iphone1027

iphone1027 Member
    Bronze

Not here. Dropbox works fine on my phone.

8. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

Strange, had to delete it, it wasn't working at all for me on iPhone 6 yet it worked fine on iPhone 5.