Anyone else having problems with Photos and iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Shanezam203, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

I have many folders inside "My Pics" and I select individual folders to sync and sync (wired not wireless) often times a week yet lately every time it syncs ALL 4,000 photos over and over vs. just the additional 20 pics/ new folder.

Then at times I have NO pics in my iPhone and others I have MULTIPLE folders of the same folder. any idea how to fix this, I tried deleting my iphone photo cache folder and resyncing.

IMG_3249.PNG IMG_3229.PNG

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It seems like many photo issues come from syncing with a computer. That's probably where you will have to fix this. But I don't know how. You can't delete photos from the photos app on the iPhone that were put there from the computer. Apple needs to fix this.

3. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

My Apple friend said its an issue on the HP PC and recommended a Mac...

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I have about 1,000 duplicates. Weird

5. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

My problem with photos is that I'm missing a lot of them. They are not in the photo's tab, shared or albums but when I go to settings photos it shows that is updating 800+ photos and when it's done and I open the photos app it only shows about 180. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Are you uploading photos to iCloud Photo Library? Is that what you mean by "settings photos"? Are the 800 photos in iCloud photo Library? I didn't quite understand what you said.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.