Anyone else here on an AT&T corporate account?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 25, 2007
Can businesss customers order the iPhone?

Hi,

I work for a small company and I have a cell phone through work. They have agreed to replace my current phone with an iPhone.

However, I've read rumors that the iPhone won't be sold to businesss accounts! Does anyone have confirmation one way or the other?

The rumors are:
1. You can't add an iPhone to a businesss account
or
2. You can replace an existing phone on an existing line, you just can't add an iPhone as a new line of service on a businesss account

(I fall into situation #2 and am hoping AT&T allows this)

Thanks.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Hi,

I work for a small company and I have a cell phone through work. They have agreed to replace my current phone with an iPhone.

However, I've read rumors that the iPhone won't be sold to businesss accounts! Does anyone have confirmation one way or the other?

The rumors are:
or
2. You can replace an existing phone on an existing line, you just can't add an iPhone as a new line of service on a businesss account

Thanks.
I have heard that you can only get an iPhone on a new personal account if you are a businesss account user. This would mean you need to open an account in your name to get one on iDay!

Jun 25, 2007
I have heard that you can only get an iPhone on a new personal account if you are a businesss account user. This would mean you need to open an account in your name to get one on iDay!
That's a drag. My company, like I assume many small businessses, has me on a pooled plan with a few other coworkers. They also have unlimited data on the plan, but i won't be able to get away with having to have my own separate plan...

...i wonder why Apple (and/or ATT) would insist on this...

of course, i guess i should wait until it is confirmed.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
That's a drag. My company, like I assume many small businessses, has me on a pooled plan with a few other coworkers. They also have unlimited data on the plan, but i won't be able to get away with having to have my own separate plan...

...i wonder why Apple (and/or ATT) would insist on this...

of course, i guess i should wait until it is confirmed.

Why don't you just buy your own plan? Why do expect your company to pay for an iPhone?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Jun 25, 2007
Why don't you just buy your own plan? Why do expect your company to pay for an iPhone?:laugh2::laugh2:

i don't want the iPhone *that* bad! :)

partially subsidized iPhone + not having to pay any monthly fee for a device that will be primarily used for work voice calls (though the data/music/video aspects will primarily be for personal use)
vs.
paying all up front and paying all monthly costs myself

i'll wait 90 days if I have to. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i don't want the iPhone *that* bad! :)

partially subsidized iPhone + not having to pay any monthly fee for a device that will be primarily used for work voice calls (though the data/music/video aspects will primarily be for personal use)
vs.
paying all up front and paying all monthly costs myself

i'll wait 90 days if I have to. :)
Sounds like a good idea to me. $80/month is worth waiting.

Jul 3, 2007
Yes, but I couldn't get my phone activated on corporate account

I'm on a corporate account, and in theory it is possible, but in reality it is not.

They just don't have it together for what they term "not individual users". I've written a lot of detail of my experience at http://blog.arabx.com.au/?cat=49

Hi,

The rumors are:
or

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2007
Hi,

I read your blog post... so you are activated, but on an individual account, right?

I've heard the vague "1-3 months" rumor too. I wish AT&T would just hurry up and detail when users will be able to add the iPhone onto a corporate account. sigh...

Thanks.

I'm on a corporate account, and in theory it is possible, but in reality it is not.

They just don't have it together for what they term "not individual users". I've written a lot of detail of my experience at http://blog.arabx.com.au/?cat=49