Anyone else hit "Return" instead of "Space" like every third word?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
No matter how hard I focus, whenever I'm texting I will always hit that stupid return key at least 3 times. I use my right thumb for the spaces and it just so happens to always linger on that fine line between space and return. And whenever I hit it, I don't notice for at least 3 words, so I have to backspace everything to get rid of that capital letter on the next line down. I REALLY wish I knew how to make that return key smaller. I wouldn't even cry if it just ceased to exist all together as I barely ever use it anyway.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have the skinniest thumbs of anyone I know and I have issues typing with them on the iPhone, even in landscape mode. I tend to hold my phone like a hamburger in front of me (kinda like in my avatar) and type with my index fingers. I've gotten pretty fast that way.

keanmy99

Dec 5, 2007
Germany
This is funny. My problem is, that I bought my phone in the States, but using it in Germany. So whenevery I'm trying to type a german word, the phone changes it into an english word that's spelled somehow close to what I was typing. Whenever I'm in a hurry and I don't pay enough attention, I'm sending crazy messages to my friends.

What I realized, though, is that the phone remembers what I typed before, and now starts finishing the german words, also.

Gotta love that thing!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I use my right thumb for the spaces and it just so happens to always linger on that fine line between space and return.
here lies the problem.
i use my left thumb for the spacebar but i guess that's because i'm left handed and it feels most "natural".

i think though after a conscious effort to use your left thumb, it will eventually become natural.

it's like those people who want to become ambidextrous, so the force themselves to write with their opposite hand until they get it down.
(note, this may also make people think you have issues)

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
my problem is that i usually hit a letter above the space so two words will be connected by either c v or b. wen i first got the phone i would often hit send instead of o or p so i would send a half finished message lol