Anyone else lose all their NES roms with app update?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I just noticed my whole NES folder is gone from my ROMs folder, lol!

I don't mind replacing them, what I'm worried about is where they went. I don't want them wasting any space sitting somewhere never to be found.

Anyone else run into this?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I just noticed my whole NES folder is gone from my ROMs folder, lol!

I don't mind replacing them, what I'm worried about is where they went. I don't want them wasting any space sitting somewhere never to be found.

Anyone else run into this?
Lost my NES folder too!

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
The new update with the "-1" in it fixes this problem. It reads from both folders. Your roms weren't deleted; it's just that the app reads from mobile rather than from root where it used to.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
The new update with the "-1" in it fixes this problem. It reads from both folders. Your roms weren't deleted; it's just that the app reads from mobile rather than from root where it used to.
Unfortunately, they were in fact deleted.

I have a symlink at /var/root/Media/ROMs pointing to /var/mobile/Media/ROMs which basically blew out my roms in some weird turn of events. It found them where it wanted to find them first in root, then it moved them to mobile, which is the exact same location they were already at. Next thing I know, POOF!

Oh well, I already put the roms back on, but I'd just like to know where they went during the upgrades, like some tmp folder or just got deleted. I've tried looking and no luck finding them, just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting space :p