Anyone else lose apps during the upgrade?

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
Both my wife and I lost one of the apps we really liked, called "nightstand". It has disappeared from the iTunes "applications" folder on both our PCs. It is still present on her old iPhone, but not her new one. It is gone from my old iPhone as well, but that may be because of how I installed 3.0 software on my V1.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I didn't lose any that are on my phone. I wouldn't even know if I lost any in iTunes cause there are so many. You can try to redownload it from the app store on the phone and it should say that you can download again for free since it's in your purchase history.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
i didn't lose any but i had a few that wouldn't work so I just re-downloaded them and they worked fine since

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
I think these may have been "limited time" offers at $0?

My history shows I paid $0 for the "nightstand", and it is not free in the appstore now.

Is there such a thing as "limited time free" apps?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I think these may have been "limited time" offers at $0?

My history shows I paid $0 for the "nightstand", and it is not free in the appstore now.

Is there such a thing as "limited time free" apps?
As long as you bought it and it is in your history then the price change won't make any difference. You owned it so you wouldn't have to buy it again. And like you said it is in your history so they can't charge you. Maybe sync the phone that still has it and see if it syncs the app back to the computer.