Anyone else notice this change

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 21, 2007
I used to hate that whenever I wanted to listen to the iPod function on the iPhone to fall asleep to, it would play through an entire playlist before turning off. So usually I would make an OnTheGo playlist to sleep to.

However just last night I noticed that the TIMER has a NEW FUNCTION added where it will sleep the iPod after the timer finishes!

No need to make new playlists or anything now! This feature is awesome!

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I used to hate that whenever I wanted to listen to the iPod function on the iPhone to fall asleep to, it would play through an entire playlist before turning off. So usually I would make an OnTheGo playlist to sleep to.

However just last night I noticed that the TIMER has a NEW FUNCTION added where it will sleep the iPod after the timer finishes!

No need to make new playlists or anything now! This feature is awesome!
YES! I *love* this little feature. I also like how you can edit the iPod's buttons at he bottom via drag and drop - once you click on "More" and then "Edit" at the top - something I only discovered once I actually owned an iPhone.:p

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
no way! I don't ever remember seeing that there.....

Maybe with the first update.
No, it was there from day one. I posted this on 7/30/07, before the 1st update was out:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/tips-and-tricks.2683/

Not sure how useful this is, but it does work.

You can use the iPhone's clock feature to put the device to sleep. I've used it at night, when I am watching a movie or listening to music. In case I fall asleep I use the timer to shut my iPhone off after an hour.

How to do it:
Main Menu-->Clock-->Timer. Instead of using a ringtone for "When Timer Ends" choose "Sleep iPod" (probably would be more accurate if it said "Sleep iPhone since it works in anything, not just iPod mode).

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator: