Anyone else sick of the iPhone?

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Is anyone else sick of this phone yet? I had it modified at one point and it did nothing for me...now its not modified and its probably one of the most boring phones ive ever had! i'm seriously debating going back to the blackberry! Apple needs to either step up the updates, or give us 1 huge update with everything that every other phone comes standard with! We paid all this money for this phone and got nothing compared to a phone that costs 50 bucks! I think if i can find a buyer for my phone, then i'm done with it!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Really? I love it and think other will agree with me.. We all bought this phone knowing what we are getting. Yes I do wish there was more to it and it does piss me off but I would never go back to my treo or to a blackberry. ShhhhiiiiT I almost bought the newest berry at the time instead of iPhone I am glad I got this phone. First time ever im happy with my phone after a month

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Is anyone else sick of this phone yet? I had it modified at one point and it did nothing for me...now its not modified and its probably one of the most boring phones ive ever had! i'm seriously debating going back to the blackberry! Apple needs to either step up the updates, or give us 1 huge update with everything that every other phone comes standard with! We paid all this money for this phone and got nothing compared to a phone that costs 50 bucks! I think if i can find a buyer for my phone, then i'm done with it!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The iPhone is not for everyone. There are some things it does better, and some things it lacks. I've had the fortune of using Windows mobile devices as well as a Blackberry for work.

Apple owes us nothing. There are always choices. Sometimes you have to get your fingers burned.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
eragon you just put it in words that I wanted to say before... Good job

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Well it doesn't help my opinion of this phone when i have gone through 5 of them in less than a year because of some kind of malfuntion! First the speaker blows out after a week, then a month later it wouldn't read the Sim card....then a few weeks ago it just stopped working all together, couldn't update contacts...internet wasn't working, returned it and received another broken one where the wifi didn't have an option to be turned on....quite annoying! But thats the story of my life!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i like it, i think that is nice, i had it medded then went back to normal...but i like it, i have tried to use other phones and they just suck, flat out suck... that is just me..

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I simply love the iPhone and I think that its the best phone on the market right now. I don't have mines medded and I don't find it boring at all.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Well it doesn't help my opinion of this phone when i have gone through 5 of them in less than a year because of some kind of malfuntion! First the speaker blows out after a week, then a month later it wouldn't read the Sim card....then a few weeks ago it just stopped working all together, couldn't update contacts...internet wasn't working, returned it and received another broken one where the wifi didn't have an option to be turned on....quite annoying! But thats the story of my life!
that's all because you touch yourself and burned ants as a kid. You haven't beat up a handicap person recently have you? Haha

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I love my iPhone, and it's stock. I'll never have the ability to go back to another phone.

If it's not for you, that's absolutely fine. Each to their own. However, I suggest you wait to after the MacWorld Expo (Tuesday) and the SDK, in February. Both will being things for the iPhone.

- John

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Well it doesn't help my opinion of this phone when i have gone through 5 of them in less than a year because of some kind of malfuntion!
I don't think a gorilla could brake five iPhones in six months.

I'm not saying your some sort of clumsy bumbling idiot or anything, it just seems odd that you would have FIVE defective devices, that's all.

...if it walks like a duck....

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Remove all of the variablity from the problem and your left with a constant, which is the cause.

(Problem)-(5 different phones)=User

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am not sick of the iPhone. I just lovingly cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth. And I am surfing around on IEC on my iPhone while enjoying some football on TV with husband.

I never care to use a clumsy BB device again.

Off topic-JJ I like the new avatar!

I'm not bored with mine at all after six months. It is still as exciting to me today as it was July 6 when I brought it home. I waited a week from iDay to see if it had bugs and it would be lacking anything I wanted in a phone. When I saw that it was going to be perfect, I bought it and have been loving it ever since.

I had bought a GoPhone to use for extra SMS because I can get get 200 for $4.95 a month. That Samsung Gophone was the most boring thing ever and it took a few extra minutes to text someone even with predictive text turned on. So I decided to buy another iPhone to use as the GoPhone! The iPhone makes texting so fast and easy with it's real on screen keyboard. When I had a Treo, those keys were so small that it was easy to hit the wrong key, I rarely do that on the iPhone.

It is simply put, the BEST phone I have ever used. Now I just a need a case for my second iPhone.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I am not sick of the iPhone and haven't been for a moment since I got it. I also agree that going through 5 "defective" devices seems a bit unlikely but some people just have worse luck than others. I'd really like to see one of those $50 phones that performs tantamount to the iPhone, including the UI and other features.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I got the iPhone the day it came out and periodically I have gotten board with it. So I sell it and play with another device for a while, get sick of it and buy another iPhone. It is a very wastefull cycle but it's one I've been going through since long before the iPhone ever came out. It is a great device but so very far from being perfect. It is almost as if it is still a prototype just waiting for the final touches to be added before final release. What always gets me coming back is with the iPhone I don't have to run bootcamp on my macbook just to sync between my cell and my computer.
The two main unnaceptable issues with the iPhone to me are it dosen't allow a incoming call to interrupt data(a feat. I've been enjoying on edge devices for years) & 80% of the iPhones produced nowadays have the negative black defective screens, at least the last 4 I've had and all my friends ones do too.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I am not sick of the iPhone. I just lovingly cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth. And I am surfing around on IEC on my iPhone while enjoying some football on TV with husband.

I never care to use a clumsy BB device again.

Off topic-JJ I like the new avatar!
Alcohol? Yikes! Did you use it on the screen or just the casing? I presume everything's still OK with your iPhone, but I'd caution folks against using chemicals/solvents to clean it. Definitely on Apple's list of no-no's (page 27).

My iPhone (still unmodded) is still my favorite gadget, although there are a dozen features I'd like to see added. Good things are on the horizon...

And yeah, JJ - nice new avatar. :cool:

-K

Last edited by a moderator: