anyone else sick of this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 5, 2007
  • Is there a data plan?
  • Are there going to be preorders?
  • Is there going to be pay as you go?
  • How are the activations going to happen?
  • Which stores will be getting the iPhones when they come out?
  • How many will be at each store?
  • Are there going to be discounts for upgrades?
  • Are AT&T customers currently in contract going to be able to buy it?
i get less convinced every post i read.

comcipher

Jun 8, 2007
YES

Everything is just circles and circles of speculation with nothing factual to back it up. People come in here saying they know someone from AT&T on the inside that has information, then 2 days later someone else comes with conflicting information from a trusted inside source. In the end it's just driving us all crazy....

Hopefully tomorrow at 10:00 am PST all will be revealed and the forums will explode with good info.

The only thing that has dampened my excitement over the iPhone is the rumor that the data plan will be $40. All I can do is hope for the best tomorrow.

Jun 5, 2007
YES

Everything is just circles and circles of speculation with nothing factual to back it up. People come in here saying they know someone from AT&T on the inside that has information, then 2 days later someone else comes with conflicting information from a trusted inside source. In the end it's just driving us all crazy....

Hopefully tomorrow at 10:00 am PST all will be revealed and the forums will explode with good info.

The only thing that has dampened my excitement over the iPhone is the rumor that the data plan will be $40. All I can do is hope for the best tomorrow.
ya my decision on this phone relies on the data plan and how much it can hold...

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
ya my decision on this phone relies on the data plan and how much it can hold...
i'm in the same boat. i have a feeling they will require a data plan for certain features to work—which one will be up to you.

i think the $10/month pda 5MB plan would be perfect for me since I would be using wi-fi 99% of the time.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
Everything is a secret with Apple. They are smart this way because it seems like everyone sits holding there breathe waiting for Steve to take the stage. I've been following Apple rumors for years and I know, it sucks!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i'm in the same boat. i have a feeling they will require a data plan for certain features to work—which one will be up to you.

i think the $10/month pda 5MB plan would be perfect for me since I would be using wi-fi 99% of the time.
I don't mind paying for some data plan; I just don't want that plan to be mandated.:(

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
  • Is there a data plan?
I am with you on this one. This is a great site, but now that everything that is known about the iPhone has been discovered, including the release date, things seem to be looping backwards. I am really looking forward to folks buying the Holy Grail of cell phones and begin posting actual facts rather than speculation.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
  • Is there a data plan?
While I agree that these topics are talked out, I find it kind of funny that you joined 5 days ago and are already sick of them ;).

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I think everyone is basically tired of 6 months of not knowing very much. I'm hoping that will change tomorrow at about 10am PDT. Steve needs to breathe some new life into this whole thing to get us over the next 2 1/2 weeks.

May 6, 2007
United States
I agree that this circle of rumors and speculation can get very agitating, but it is also, at least to me, part of the fun. The hype and anticipation make it exciting. Think, for example, of a roller coaster. Part of the fun is the anticipation of dropping as you slowly clink up the chain. Luckily, though, that huge drop is looming right in front of us. We just have to go over that little bump before the drop.

Yay for my analogy! :laugh2:

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Peoples Theres only so much solid ifo out there like the specs, the release date, and recently the leak on the att training manual, everything else is speculation and rumors. For me i come to this site because theres only so much real news about the i phone to hold me over. The real news is on yahoo news and google news. So just enjoy the forums and take it lightly its an outlet for us that need to keep ourselves busy until we get our i phone.:laugh2: