Anyone else sick of typing "Ha ha" and getting "Us us"?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I stopped using "lol" a long time ago and adopted "ha ha". Everytime I type it on the iPhone, however, it always turns them into "us us" and I have to X them out, when I remember. I've sent plenty already saying stupid things like, "Well maybe if you weren't so retarded! Us us!" and let me tell you, people definitely get confused by this...

So the keyboard can never learn the words "ha ha" from constant repetition?

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I stopped using "lol" a long time ago and adopted "ha ha". Everytime I type it on the iPhone, however, it always turns them into "us us" and I have to X them out, when I remember. I've sent plenty already saying stupid things like, "Well maybe if you weren't so retarded! Us us!" and let me tell you, people definitely get confused by this...

So the keyboard can never learn the words "ha ha" from constant repetition?
I have no problem typing LOL or hehehe

haven't tried ha ha

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i want LOL to stop coming up and have it be Lol or lol... grrrrrrrrr iPhone learning software, or lackthereof so far

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
type it as one word "haha" and you won't get the "us us"
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. I just thought the iPhone had a learning dictionary that added words as you typed them. This proves that it doesn't, you know? I mean I've typed "ha ha" so many times and it always has tried to turn them both into "us us".

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I thought the way you taught the dictionary was to tap the suggested word if you DON'T want that word inputted into your line of text. If you hit space, the suggested word will replace the word you typed. Try typing your word as you want it to be and you'll see the suggested word box has an X in it signifying that you can cancel the suggestion and go with what you typed. I have heard that if you do it enough times, the dictionary will either stop suggesting alternatives for those certain words or will start to suggest what you usually type.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I thought the way you taught the dictionary was to tap the suggested word if you DON'T want that word inputted into your line of text. If you hit space, the suggested word will replace the word you typed. Try typing your word as you want it to be and you'll see the suggested word box has an X in it signifying that you can cancel the suggestion and go with what you typed. I have heard that if you do it enough times, the dictionary will either stop suggesting alternatives for those certain words or will start to suggest what you usually type.
That's exactly what I thought. But I have Xed out "Us" as a suggestion for "Ha" probably about 100 times now and the thing just isn't learning...

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
My iPhone has learned a few things.. mainly usernames that I usually type. But it still suggests LOL instead of lol.. its a pain in the arse.