Anyone else still waiting on FREE Leopard update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
For some reason I could not make my serial number work on Apple's up-to-date Leopard website, so I had to actually fill out and snail mail my update form. I bought my MacBook on October 5 of this year, so I qualified for a free upgrade to Leopard.

After trying it out in the Apple store here, I actually do like it slightly more than Tiger.

Thing is, I checked my upgrade status online and I read that my order is "backordered". Ugh.

I am wondering if anyone has the same issue at this point. I may call Apple directly and see if I can walk into a store and pick up a copy instead since there are dozens of them sitting around the store.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
For some reason I could not make my serial number work on Apple's up-to-date Leopard website, so I had to actually fill out and snail mail my update form. I bought my MacBook on October 5 of this year, so I qualified for a free upgrade to Leopard.

After trying it out in the Apple store here, I actually do like it slightly more than Tiger.

Thing is, I checked my upgrade status online and I read that my order is "backordered". Ugh.

I am wondering if anyone has the same issue at this point. I may call Apple directly and see if I can walk into a store and pick up a copy instead since there are dozens of them sitting around the store.
You aren't the only one that your serial number doesn't work. We had a couple copies at work and none of them worked. We haven't had time to call Apple yet and don't want to send in the snail mail forms only to have them tell me the serial number doesn't work. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.