Anyone else take a shower with their iPhone?

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Now I know your going to say , why would you want your iPhone with you in the shower? Well I like to take long bath showers sometimes , and having my phone there to surf the interet just makes it much nicer.

Anyways what I did was put my iPhone in a zip loc bag , and then put that bag into another one with the opening facing the opposite direction , just for safe keeping , well the touchscreen worked wonderfully , so if you get all the air out and keep it nice and tight , its very useful. Now after a 30 min shower, the phone did get somewhat hot. But everything was fine with it out of the bag , just a little hot.

Anyone else tried this before? After ownig the iPhone for 11 months I finally tried it and its awesome!

Ps: was the two way video on the 3G iPhone confirmed or just a rumor ? I just saw it on the new on the main page .

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
come on now , so I need a life for taking a shower?
kids now a days . I'm in the shower as it is,
, having my iPhone there to look up the Internet or watch a video doesn't retract me from having a life .

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
id do it if i had the otterbox. but i don't do the bath thing... i do the 15 min speed shower

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Now I know your going to say , why would you want your iPhone with you in the shower?
Anyone else tried this before? ...
Um, no, but I have had my feet fall asleep because I was doing a bit too much surfing at other times while in the bathroom. :eek:

H

Hayesimus

id do it if i had the otterbox. but i don't do the bath thing... i do the 15 min speed shower

15 SPEED shower? I take a shower in 15 minutes and i'm harldy rushing. lol Although back when i was in school i'd get in the shower in the early morning before the bus came and I would often lay down and go to sleep for about 30 minutes lol. my mom was always banging on the door, what are you doing in there!?!?! In hindsight it probably looked like something else. :D

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Um, no, but I have had my feet fall asleep because I was doing a bit too much surfing at other times while in the bathroom. :eek:
LOL yes I always take my iPhone to re bathroom, it just keeps me entertained, but I never thought of taking it in the shower till yesterday , I didn't think the touchscreen would work through plastic

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ps: was the two way video on the 3G iPhone confirmed or just a rumor ? I just saw it on the new on the main page .
I'm a little confused and concerned by this postscript, especially in the context of this thread.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm a little confused and concerned by this postscript, especially in the context of this thread.
LOL - I gotta admit I had the same sort of thought - iPhone with you in the shower and then you're curious about new video camera capabilities :)

And on the original topic, I just can't picture a need - at all - for the iPhone in the shower or bath, and would not trust the ziplock bags that much ...

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
LOL - I gotta admit I had the same sort of thought - iPhone with you in the shower and then you're curious about new video camera capabilities :)

And on the original topic, I just can't picture a need - at all - for the iPhone in the shower or bath, and would not trust the ziplock bags that much ...
lmao its just I haven't been on this site for a long time , and it was the first thing that caught my eye in news, not topic related, atleast I didn't think of it that way, anyways , I use 2 bags to safe keeping , working pretty well so far . Hey I had my iPhone for 11 months and never thought about , just something that came on my iPhone yesterda, that I decided to try it. I bet it can be useful sometime in your life time .

H

Hayesimus

Well i guess it all depends on if he can see the green line. Then you know its closed. :p

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
lmao its just I haven't been on this site for a long time , and it was the first thing that caught my eye in news, not topic related, atleast I didn't think of it that way, anyways , I use 2 bags to safe keeping , working pretty well so far . Hey I had my iPhone for 11 months and never thought about , just something that came on my iPhone yesterda, that I decided to try it. I bet it can be useful sometime in your life time .
Hey, if it works for you that's great. I don't know if it's because of the big-time Texas heat or what, but I never take a bath and very rarely take real long showers - pretty much get clean and get out. Plus I feel as if I spend too much time already staring at computer / iPhone screens - so I'm fine with having at least a few times and places that I don't feel the need to have the iPhone with me ....

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Well i guess it all depends on if he can see the green line. Then you know its closed. :p
I got 2 bags facing oposite ends , so even if you opens you got the other close facing the other way . Plus I really wouldn't do it with bathtub full of water , just with shower water pouring .

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well I'll just tell you now for future reference: turn it off and put it in a bag of dry rice for a week and do not turn it on. If it doesn't come back then, drop some bleach on the water contamination indicator and take it back to Apple.

You'll know what I mean when the time comes.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I actually saw a shower speaker setup for non-iphone/Touch iPods. It was at Sharper Image however and their recent money issues kept me from purchasing. Also, SI merchandise never really seems to work as advertised.

H

Hayesimus

the few things i have purchased from them have worked great. what money issues?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
A while back Sharper Image filed for bankruptcy protection due to slagging sales. They started to refuse returns and they stopped honoring gift cards as well as merchandise credit cards. Here's a link to a CNBC story about it.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/23252484

The few things I've purchased form there never seemed to live up to my expectations. I got this neck cooling device that didn't work from the first time I used them. I've also had a few other items from there just fall apart completely.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Can't say I have, but perhaps I'll try it tomorrow morning.

- John