Anyone else think that iOS 6 is buggy as hell?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
In all the versions of iOS I've used, (and that would be ALL of them) I've never had on that was so "buggy" as iOS 6.
I get app crashes daily, and it's not necessarily the same apps crashing. In a lot of cases, it seems random. In other cases, it seems to happen when going from wifi to LTE, or from LTE to wifi.
It's getting to the point where I am starting to look at reloading as new, just to see if this stops.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The only app that has done that for me was Temple Run. It worked and then stopped working and I had to reinstall to get it to launch.

Everything else has been buttery smooth on my 5.

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
I find it very poor. Worse even than my old JB 4.

As many have pointed out, a fix will be in order when an update comes. Just so much to fix though...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Seems okay on my 4s. But, I will at some stage do a 'restore as new'. I'm sure after I perform this feat it would be even faster than it is now :)

Well, one can hope, no?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No issues for me aside from some occasional screen glitches, the inability to edit text in the Google search bar, and Apple maps tricking me into thinking there was a Chick-Fil-A in Sin City.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That bug's been around since before iOS6. You probably know this, but you can edit your search query in the entry box at the bottom of the page...
I didn't experience it until 6.0.

What box at the bottom of the page?

For example, if I type "iPhone case" I can't go back and change it to "iPhone 5 Case" without backspacing and removing the word case before adding the 5. I know not everyone is experiencing this on the iPhone 5, but it has been consistently unavailable as an option for me since day one on the iPhone 5.

[Example] I can't edit this and add a word/number between these two words:
image.jpg

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Currently, the most irritating bug I experiences that some apps crash on launch when on LTE or 4G- including everythingicafe.
Though, they work fine when I am on wifi...

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
What bug is that?
Sound dropping out, randomly. Phone sporadically not ringing, no Keyboard clicks, no lock sounds and SMS and iMessage notifications unreliable.

Actually if I turn off "view in lockscreen" on the messaging notifications, I get almost no notifications at all.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well I get a similar problem, but it's not that I don't get any sound, it's that I don't get any notification at all. I do for texts, but that's about it. I wasn't getting voicemail notifications for days... But, I kind of think its a network issue, and not a phone issue.
A side note- I had my sim card replaced today because of not being able to do voice and data at the same time. Most- if not all my problems seem to have cleared up with any cell network issues. But, part of the trouble shooting was to restore my phone. I used the backup it made and restored my profile, so not sure how much of a difference that makes, but I do know that testing since the sim was replaced has gone very well.