Anyone else think that iOS 6 is buggy as hell?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The applications which are not updating to fill the screen....is pretty disappointing
That's not iOS 6, that's developers not adjusting their apps to fill the iPhone 5's new screen.

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
I do! The weather in notification center takes at least a minute to update when I check the weather when I wake up in the morning. It was never that slow before ios 6. Wifi is intermittent, to tell you the truth the touch screen on my iPhone 5 is a hit and miss. It's not as responsive as my 4s was. Between that and ios 6 I'm about fed up with Apple. I should have keep my 4s it was more fluid and reliable than my 5. I'm definitely NOT getting the 5s and this comes from someone who upgrades iPhones every year. I'm done!

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Oh yeah another thing. iCafe crashes EVERY TIME I try to launch it unless I'm on wifi. Go figure...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Oh yeah another thing. iCafe crashes EVERY TIME I try to launch it unless I'm on wifi. Go figure...
I have been experiencing this as well. Chris is aware and it should be fixed with the next update.

vinnyc1

Oct 6, 2012
I do! The weather in notification center takes at least a minute to update when I check the weather when I wake up in the morning. It was never that slow before ios 6. Wifi is intermittent, to tell you the truth the touch screen on my iPhone 5 is a hit and miss. It's not as responsive as my 4s was. Between that and ios 6 I'm about fed up with Apple. I should have keep my 4s it was more fluid and reliable than my 5. I'm definitely NOT getting the 5s and this comes from someone who upgrades iPhones every year. I'm done!
I think u just got a bad phone cause had all the iOS software and phones and iPad and have not had one issue with the 5 I think u u should reinstall the iOS 6 on your phone and if that don't work get a replace meant phone from Apple

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
3 things to try:
1) reset network setting.
2) hard reset
3) restore the phone and setup as new.

Beyond that, you might want to talk to your carrier if your data problems are cellular and not over wifi.

Jan 3, 2013
I've run into this a few times. . .and here's a possible fix:

Instead of just turning your keyboard clicks off. . then on in SETTINGS. . .turn them off.. .then type some things, such as in MEMO. . .then go and turn the clicks back on in SETTINGS. For some reason. . .this brings my keyboard clicks back.

Doug J.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've run into this a few times. . .and here's a possible fix:

Instead of just turning your keyboard clicks off. . then on in SETTINGS. . .turn them off.. .then type some things, such as in MEMO. . .then go and turn the clicks back on in SETTINGS. For some reason. . .this brings my keyboard clicks back.

Doug J.
I'm not sure I'm following you on this.
You turned your keyboard sounds off under settings, typed in memo, and then went back in settings and turned your keyboard sounds back on.
Right?
Then of course your keyboard sounds are going to be audible again. You turned them back on.
Am I missing something here?

Sent using iCafe app

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I recently learned about a change in iOS6 that affects photo and video rotation in apps. It apparently requires developers to rewrite a considerable amount of code depending on how they implemented the feature in their apps. Not sure if you'd call that a bug, but it sure is a drag.

It's apparently why the Facebook app is touch-and-go with regards to rotating videos properly anymore. Even pictures don't work sometimes.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'm not sure I'm following you on this.
You turned your keyboard sounds off under settings, typed in memo, and then went back in settings and turned your keyboard sounds back on.
Right?
Then of course your keyboard sounds are going to be audible again. You turned them back on.
Am I missing something here?

Sent using iCafe app
Hey Hawk, I think that guy is spamming, he's posted the same nonsense keyboard stuff in a few threads now.

Sent using iCafe app