Anyone else upset about the price drop to $399?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
ah man...wow!...i had a feelin' that it was going to drop...but wow...i guess i'll be gettn it at $400...word...how much is the 4g $200...LOL

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
People have every right to feel shafted here. Show some maturity, dude and please, stop being an apologist for Apple. They are squarely pushing out value in lieu of 'the quick buck'.
Would you have felt better if Apple waited another couple of months? Perhaps they should have sent out a survey to everyone and asked them when they could do a price drop so they could minimize the number of people who felt "shafted".

LOL

Oh, and he's not being an apologist for Apple. If anything he's being an apologist for every single consumer product manufacturer in the world as they've all dropped prices on their products at some point.

sewcialbutterfly

Jul 28, 2007
Cry babies

You cannot complain if you are an early adopter. With anything you run the risk of bigger better and cheaper when you adopt the 1st generation of ANY product. :) That is why I am so happy Steve Jobs gave me mine :) If you want to be the person with the latest and greatest you sometimes have to pay the price. It's not a secret that Apple is known for quick updates and price drops. Apple refuses to be a stale company and sometimes the quick updates is a byproduct of being cutting edge. No one here can say they are surprised.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
nope I'm not upset, in fact im very happy that the iPhone has depreciated 33% in 2 months, makes me feel better about myself.

sarcasm
Wow, now I've met someone who buys phones as investments.

I thought the guy who didn't want his iPhone anymore because "kids" with iPods would make him look un-cool was the topper.

hexonxonx

Silver
People have every right to feel shafted here. Show some maturity, dude and please, stop being an apologist for Apple. They are squarely pushing out value in lieu of 'the quick buck'.
It's called businesss. Happens with everything we buy, cars, food, gas, whatever. Are you gonna ask for a refund when you paid $2.99 for gas today and tonight the price drops to $2.50? Get real. Seriously.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I know, people crack me up.

I bought my Moto Q for full price when it first came out. A few months later they drastically dropped the price. Was I pissed? No. I knew if I waited there would be a price drop, there always is. But I wanted it right then and there.

Can any of you name a phone that hasn't had a price drop? No, you can't.
It's fair for people to feel like they've been ripped off, but I agree that it isn't fair for them to expect Apple to do anything about it. You have to admit, this price drop is pretty dramatic, and inconsistent with how Apple has operated in the past. I can't think of another instance where they've bottomed out the price as quickly as they've done here.

I've gotten over the initial disappointment, but it does take a little bit of the the lustre off the device.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
You're missing the point, almost deliberately so.
I don't think so.

You're missing the point apparently.

What's your gripe specifically? Is it the fact it took 2.5 months for a price drop to happen that's ruffled your feathers? Would you have felt better if Apple waited another 2 months? Or perhaps when a competitor put their product on the market?

They could have done a price drop 6 months from now and I guarantee you that you and your ilk would still be here stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum just like you are now.

There's no making some people happy... given you're in this group it's not surprising you're the one missing the point.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It's fair for people to feel like they've been ripped off, but I agree that it isn't fair for them to expect Apple to do anything about it. You have to admit, this price drop is pretty dramatic, and inconsistent with how Apple has operated in the past. I can't think of another instance where they've bottomed out the price as quickly as they've done here.

I've gotten over the initial disappointment, but it does take a little bit of the the lustre off the device.
According to a guy who posted his online convo with an Apple rep, people who recently purchased their iPhones can visit their local Apple store and discuss a refund on the price difference. If Apple does this, people have very little to complain about.

I've had my phone 2 months now. I knew a price drop would come, and honestly, I'm not disappointed at all. If $200 was a key factor in my decision to purchase my phone, I would have waited for the first price drop to buy my phone.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I am more ticked off that we did not get more info on the update coming later this month. The ringtone thing is beyond lackluster, to me since I already purchased the CD now expected to pay more to make a tone? As long as ringtonemaker does not stop working this does not impact me.

I can deal with the price break, while I thought it would be more towards christmas, still knew it would happen. To be honest I am not sure why they ever actually made a 4g model. I know it was 100$ less at release, but when I went to ATT to get my phone they said people had to settle on the 4g phone once they were out of the 8s. They did not recall a single person coming in for a 4g phone. Anyway, whatever.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
"Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 businesss days of shipment."

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...spolicies.html

luvablemarmot

Jul 10, 2007
I don't think so.

You're missing the point apparently.

What's your gripe specifically? Is it the fact it took 2.5 months for a price drop to happen that's ruffled your feathers? Would you have felt better if Apple waited another 2 months? Or perhaps when a competitor put their product on the market?

They could have done a price drop 6 months from now and I guarantee you that you and your ilk would still be here stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum just like you are now.

There's no making some people happy... given you're in this group it's not surprising you're the one missing the point.
Dude, since this thread started you've been flaming away. Step back from the keyboard. Opinions are like ********, everyone got one, especially you.

Yes consumer electronics all drop in price, every geek knows that. Yes we're early adopters and Apple normally hits us pretty hard, we accept that. A 200.00 price drop sucks, but we can accept it and move on, they made a great product and want to get it out there.

There is no need to be an *** and just pick on every person who is upset about it. Since this is a forum and people post more often when they feel strongly about something.

Cheers

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Dude, since this thread started you've been flaming away. Step back from the keyboard. Opinions are like *******, everyone got one, especially you.

Yes consumer electronics all drop in price, every geek knows that. Yes we're early adopters and Apple normally hits us pretty hard, we accept that. A 200.00 price drop sucks, but we can accept it and move on, they made a great product and want to get it out there.

There is no need to be an *** and just pick on every person who is upset about it. Since this is a forum and people post more often when they feel strongly about something.

Cheers
If you think the above is a flame, you're not too forum savvy.

Since you're so thin skinned, perhaps you should take your own advice and take a step away from the keyboard.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
If you think the above is a flame, you're not too forum savvy.

Since you're so thin skinned, perhaps you should take your own advice and take a step away from the keyboard.
No, you're being a jerk. Just let people vent without taking potshots at them. You know exactly what you're going to find in threads like this, so just ignore them. But by antagonizing people who are already upset, you're only adding fuel to the fire.

slingshot110

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
SF, CA
I think we have every right to be upset about a 33% price drop after only 2 months. If they were going to drop the price by this much this soon, I can't help but wonder why they didn't offer it at this price initially.

In the last month, we have put up w/ dropped calls, poor signals, and other hardware/software glitches all the while happily singing the praises of the iPhone and Apple. I expect the prices of consumer electronics to drop, but 33% after only 2 months leaves me wondering what I got out of the deal. Had I know the price would fall so dramatically so quickly, I would have waited.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
All,

How is this different from any other company? Companies come out with new products all the time. They don't typically tell people because they don't want to kill their current sales. Companies also drop prices all the time. Yeah, it sucks it dropped this much after two months, but what does it matter. You were willing to pay $600 when it came out to have it before anyone else, so what's the difference? Apple isn't a car dealership where they match prices after you buy something a month later.

Joe

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
All,

How is this different from any other company? Companies come out with new products all the time. They don't typically tell people because they don't want to kill their current sales. Companies also drop prices all the time. Yeah, it sucks it dropped this much after two months, but what does it matter. You were willing to pay $600 when it came out to have it before anyone else, so what's the difference? Apple isn't a car dealership where they match prices after you buy something a month later.

Joe
Please stop being a "jerk" and just let people rip on Apple for doing what every other company has done since electronics were invented. :cool:

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Wow I can't believe this I've had my iPhone for just a few weeks now. It was cool this being like an elite product but now we will probably be seeing it everywhere. I am a big Xbox 360 fan and at least there price drops are maybe $50 a year later or something. I can't think of one product that has dropped this much in what, 3 months? Holy cow!