Anyone else upset about the price drop to $399?

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I just find it funny how everyone is upset when there was NO evidence that Apple would keep this price point for the next year.

Everyone says "I *thought* or *assumed* that Apple wouldn't do a price drop for at least 6 months to a year"

I knew the day I bought this iPhone that the price would drop. I think its good to know that Apple (or least it sounds like it) is offering a refund to people who have purchased the phone within the last 14 days. How much longer would do you need to make this not "shady businesss practices?" Honestly. if they said 20 days people would say "Come on i got it 21 days ago" if they said "Within the last month" people would say "Come on I got it a month and half ago" I really don't see a gripe here. Esp since people are calling various Apple stores and AT&T stores and are getting refunds.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Dang. Now the 8gb is less than what I paid for my 4 gb. I'm a little upset, but when they stop selling 4gb I'll sell it on ebay saying you can't buy this In stores, one of the last ones left :)

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Very mad

is anyone mad just like me because we paid 500 dollers for a 4g and now its only 300 dollers

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
YES! I bought the 4gig 2 thursdays ago and i'm OUTRAGED that for 100 dollars cheaper.. I COULDA GOT DOUBLE THE MEMORY

IT'S BULLPLOP

i was in web page design class

and i was reading updates, on the Apple meeting or whatever and i read it

i THREW the mouse at the screen and got kicked out, that's how pissed off i was

and still am

it's SOOOO stupid like. WTF WERE THEY THINKING?!?!? i'm seriously so mad about it OH, AND ESPECIALLY SINCE THE FKING IPOD IS THE iPhone

I WENT THREW HELL TO GET THIS THING, MY DAD LITERALLY FREAKED OUT ON ME

more than 5 times because i watned the phone. so... i'm sitting here at my computer cutting my wrists, and tying a rope to the roof in the attic..

here i come heaven

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
<--------Please do not use foul langauge, engage in flaming or personal attacks. Argue the point and not the person. Bans will be handed out if the forum rules are not followed. You have a forum to express your views, just do it in a manner that doesn't include foul langauge and/or personal attacks.-------->

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
wait so they don't sell 4g iPhone anymore?

also im so mad that the dropped the prices.

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
yes im suppper pissed that i basically spent $200 on nothing (got my iPhone about a month ago, definitely would have waited) and it makes my cool iPhone seem a little less cool, but still, it was expected to happen and the price drop doesn't make my iPhone any less of a phone....

honestly tho, they need to get some good updates for this thing soon....

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Really I can't be mad at Apple. Really none of us are mad at Apple. Apple or any company can offer any price for any of their products at any time they want.

We are all (those who are mad) at ourselves and looking for someone to blame. I'm thinking to myself, "man all I had to do is wait for 2 months and woulda saved 200 bucks (3 bucks a day if you bought it iDay)." I still love my iPhone but I regret being the first and waiting in line to be the first to spend more then the soon to be majority of iPhone users will pay.

I thought 599 would last through the whole year and I was wrong. My wrong guess cost me 200 bucks. No one to blame but myself.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Why?

Argh! .... Why?
I have a 4GB. I paid $499 for it. NOW THEY'RE SELLING 8GIGS FOR $399? WHY? I feel so cheated. No more 4gigs, and I'm stuck with one. Come Christmas, I'll think I'll just buy an 8gig. Just a question though, if I buy an 8gig in December, will I have to pay a termination fee or anything or will AT&T just switch the plan to the new iPhone?

Also... has Apple put up a video of the event yet? I reeeeeeeeeeaaaaly wanna watch it.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Argh! .... Why?
I have a 4GB. I paid $499 for it. NOW THEY'RE SELLING 8GIGS FOR $399? WHY? I feel so cheated. No more 4gigs, and I'm stuck with one. Come Christmas, I'll think I'll just buy an 8gig. Just a question though, if I buy an 8gig in December, will I have to pay a termination fee or anything or will AT&T just switch the plan to the new iPhone?

Also... has Apple put up a video of the event yet? I reeeeeeeeeeaaaaly wanna watch it.
Let's face it...screwed! (as far as the price). You can buy an 8 GB and just put the active sim from your 4GB into the new 8GB. Voila, you have an 8GB and don't have to cancel or add a phone.

w7ox

Jul 25, 2007
after some initial anger, i'm over it. f*ck it. moved on.
A bit disappointed, but not overly so. Bought mine in July and have gotten lots of good use out of it. I'd be very annoyed if I'd bought it 15 days ago and missed the return deadline by one day -- and I'm sure there are many folks in that boat.

The size of the price cut (1/3) is a big surprise; I thought they might drop it by $100, but $200? Sales must be pretty slow now.

Phil

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I have never seen such a big decrease in such a short amount of time and I am speaking as repeat early adopter. It feels rather slimy on Apple's part. It's straight unapologetic exploitation of early adopters. Nothing legally wrong with it and it maximizes profit, but it leaves this user feeling taken advantage of. This was my first Apple product and I have a bad taste in my mouth that's going to make me seriously reconsider my thoughts about buying an Apple notebook.

Now I have a better understanding of who I'm dealing with and I will not be sending more money their way.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
So Irritated

Now, every jerk that told me that the price would come down just like the RAZR was right! I was so confident that Apple would, if anything, add a model with more memory and change the pricing around. But this is ridiculous! Plus my stock went down because of this "great" annoucement. If we wait another year then maybe they'll give iPhones away with a new contract.
I'm so upset with Apple!

bit_runner

Sep 5, 2007
Really I can't be mad at Apple. Really none of us are mad at Apple. Apple or any company can offer any price for any of their products at any time they want.
Yes, a company can price it's products however they want. I don't think anyone's questioning the *right* of a company to do that, but rather why, when it is going to piss off the people that were hardcore enough to support such an expensive product early on. It makes these people (myself included), look like fools for supporting an Apple product from the get go, and my guess is that many will be twice-shy about doing so in the future. Not too smart to do that to the segment of the market with $599 to spend for a phone.

I'd encourage all iPhone early adopters to complain... we've been waiting two months for features and enhancements and all we get is a 33% depreciation and some starbucks iTunes access and the ability to pay for a song twice to use it as a ringtone.

If this is how Apple is going to operate, I don't know if I'd ever feel comfortable buying their products again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've been with Apple the whole time but this.... unacceptable. Had the iPod touch been released before the iPhone, no iPhone for me. I just feel screwed. Today in Science, about 5 people kept saying 'Oh my god you have an iPhone you're so lucky..." No more of that... Now we'll be hearing "HA! You got screwed by Apple and paid two hundred extra for something with two extra features!" I'm bummed.

pounce

Jul 20, 2007
what a bunch of whining babies.

how did you not know this was going to happen? jeez louise.

i have my 8 gig iPhone and i'm a happy camper.

mcouper

Jul 7, 2007
What the price drop really means:

No on-phone software. And they iPhone will never change. Like it as it is or don't buy it. I am willing to bet on it.
I promise that I will never download ringtones from the store. This price drop is really making me mad. We now look like idiots in the eyes of others.
I understand that everything comes down in price, like DVDs or computers. But this is too short of timeframe.
I will absolutely never buy the Touch or any other Apple product, unless somehow Apple makes it up for us.
Even a $100 coupon towards iTunes purchases will make the slap less hurtful.

Who wants to start a petition!

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I've been with Apple the whole time but this.... unacceptable. Had the iPod touch been released before the iPhone, no iPhone for me. I just feel screwed. Today in Science, about 5 people kept saying 'Oh my god you have an iPhone you're so lucky..." No more of that... Now we'll be hearing "HA! You got screwed by Apple and paid two hundred extra for something with two extra features!" I'm bummed.
So are you mad that you got screwed out of $200 or that now people arent going to look at your cool iPhone as being the "cool must have $600 cell phone" and now just about everyone can afford this sweet device?

The way I look at is that the more the better! Just think if there is a HUGE flux of iPhone users now demanding 3rd party apps, copy and paste, save of email attachments, iPhone accessories etc. Plus tack on the fact that now maybe some developers will make some stuff for the MASSES not just the select few who can afford the luxury of spending $600 on a toy

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
I'm just gonna hide my 8gig under the bed, and then go buy a new 8gig for $399 so I "wont have to feel stupid about having an 8gig that cost $200 more then the other guys 8gig".

That's just silly.

Listen, I'll try not to repeat anything anyone else said, but my 8gig iPhone is no better or worse then the 8gig iPhone my co-worker is now going to buy this weekend. The only difference is that I have enjoyed it for a couple of months longer then him.

What Steve really should have done though is release an iPhone update...a GOOD one with new features....that would have taken the sting off....it may have even been bigger news then the price drop.