Anyone else waiting for Apple Store to open to order iPad Air 2 this morning?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by Apple4me, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I don't know how long the store has been down, but I am ready to pull the trigger on a new iPad Air 2 when it opens. I'm heading out of town Friday mid morning for the weekend and am hoping that I can order for pick up at my local Apple store first thing Friday morning?

2. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Scary for Apple that I appear to be the only one on this forum wanting to purchase an iPad Air 2 :(

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Apple store seems open/running now.

#3 RoofMonkey, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  4. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Thank you for your order.
    We'll let you know when your items are on their way.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Items to be Shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shipment 1 Available to ship: 2-4 business days
    Delivers: Oct 23 - Oct 27 by Standard Shipping
    [​IMG]
    iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi 64GB - Space Gray

$599.00
    [​IMG]

5. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I was going to get one just for the touch ID but after thinking it through I don't really see a reason to upgrade just for it.. Thinner and lighter are not all that important to me..

I personally was hoping for a larger iPad and if it had been released I would have bought it..

6. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

I'm turning in my existing iPad Air in on the NEXT program in exchange for the new one. Not exactly "buying" it, more of a lease.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you turning it into AT&T and then ordering a new one through them? How long does it take to reset your Next eligibility after you turn it in?

8. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Don't know the particulars. I'm hoping I get hold on to existing iPad until they have one for the exchange. When I got in the NEXT program last year, at the iPad Air release, I waited longer to get it than regular orders from Apple were taking. Going up to the AT& T store shortly.

9. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

I assume the reset is instantaneous when I take possession of the new one.

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I really like what they've done with the iPad Air 2. It checks all of the boxes. The first iPad Air was awesome, but this seems to improve upon everything. Personally, I like the idea of Touch ID for online purchases. I can see this being a long term purchase, unless you crave a super-big tablet. iPad Air 2 Plus or whatever they call it.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Let me know how it goes. I'm planning on doing the same thing with my iPhone next year and wanted to know how soon before launch I should turn in my 6.

12. Dipsxxy

Dipsxxy Contributor
    Bronze

I am on the Next program. As soon as you turn your phone in you get the upgrade right then. The next offer 12 months or 18 months. Long as you are eligible for whichever month u choose you trade in your device and you are good to get a new one. Since I like to upgrade every year it works for me

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Were you able to get an iPhone 6 on launch day by giving them your old phone that day or did you turn your phone in earlier in the month?

14. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Really the only thing I have against trading in my iPad Air for a new one is that I purchased AppleCare+ for this one. Hate that I spent money on two years of coverage and then trade in my iPad after only one year.

Do y'all really believe that the Air 2 is that much of an upgrade over last years? I didn't really see it.

15. Dipsxxy

Dipsxxy Contributor
    Bronze

I traded my 5s and got my iPhone 6. I didn't go on launch day, I got my phone the following week. Long as the phone is in stock u can trade your phone. Even if you pre-order u can use your next and AT&T mail you a box to send the old device in. They give you 30 days.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I've never tried before but does Apple give a prorated refund for Apple Care+ if you cancel it before the term is up?

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you certain they let you send it in after you preorder? I didn't think you could do that. They need to receive the phone and check it out before you are eligible. I'm just trying to figure out how soon I need to send it in so I can preorder next year. I guess I should just call them.

18. Dipsxxy

Dipsxxy Contributor
    Bronze

Yes I am sure. I was on AT&T site yesterday setting it up to trade my iPad Air. They ask you questions concerning the condition of your product. They take your word for it but there is a message that says if the item is not up to par they will bill your account. So they do get you if your device is in bad condition

• List
  19. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

I actually do, and I plan to sell my Air and get the Air 2.

Last year, they released the Air with the same processor (A7) as the iPhone 5S. However, this year, the iPad Air 2 already has an upgraded processor (A8X) over the iPhone 6 (A8). So the iPad Air is running on the same processor as last year's phone technology, whereas the iPad Air 2 is running on an even better processor than THIS year's phone.

In terms of processing power, things are starting to level out a bit -- you only need so much processing power to surf the web, run simple apps like Twitter, etc. Still, Apple has me convinced in this leap from the A7 in the Air to the A8X in the Air 2.

This will be the first time I've upgraded on an off-year cycle, but it's because they still did a redesign (somewhat -- thinner, and GOLD!!!) while also providing a healthy upgrade of the internals.

20. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Yes they do. You can also transfer the contract to whoever you sell it to if you choose. But you can call and cancel and they will refund as prorated amount.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List