Anyone ever accidentally pull down the "notifications" screen?

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I am constantly doing it when attempting to scroll up. I hate to sound like I'm complaining again but does anyone know of a way to deactivate this feature? I never use it and I keep inadvertently pulling it down

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Personally, no. Also, I'm not sure if it can be disabled.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I do it all the time when I clean my screen. It doesn't bother me, we waited forever for a notification center, I'm not about to disable it.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I do it all the time when I clean my screen. It doesn't bother me, we waited forever for a notification center, I'm not about to disable it.
Same, often if clean a speck off by wiping it the notification bar comes down. But it doesn't really bother me much.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I'm a Lefty and when using ANY sketch or drawing programs, I am constantly doing it, to the point where it is really ruining the usefulness of those apps for me. :-(

I really wish there was a simple way to turn them on or lock them off.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
I'm a Lefty and when using ANY sketch or drawing programs, I am constantly doing it, to the point where it is really ruining the usefulness of those apps for me. :-(

I really wish there was a simple way to turn them on or lock them off.
On certain apps, they designed the Notification Center to not drop down on the first swipe, but requires a second swipe. They made it so only the tab sticks out from the Notification Center, but it leaves your app in focus. If you don't pull down on this tab in a couple of seconds, the tab will automatically pull back up as if nothing happened. I believe only iOS 5 compatible apps can program for this feature, otherwise the Notification Center will drop down like it should.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Maybe it's finger orientation on this one? I honestly don't accidentally swipe down on the notifications center.

Oct 3, 2009
Happens for me too. Usually when I am scrolling through pictures or scrolling in my email. It's a bother, but not the end of the world.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
Done it a few times playing Fruit Ninja heh

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I believe whether it shows the tab is dependent upon whether the status bar is visible. i.e. if it's a full screen app like the camera, where you don't see the status bar at all, or a video, where you don't have a status bar unless you tap. Basically, if you don't see the status bar, you'll get the tab and have to swipe twice to get the notification center.

As for accidental swipes, no, I haven't had any accidental swipes. At least not since before the beta where they made it so you have to swipe twice for full screen apps. Even then, my only issue was with the camera, when switching from video to still while in landscape (where the switch is pretty close to the top of the screen).

I never run into it when scrolling because I always start my swipes in the middle of the screen anyway. I'm a pretty short swiper, maybe about an inch at the most. I rely on the momentum/acceleration if I need to scroll a lot.

(oh, how many times I thought to myself, "that's what she said")

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I'm talking in general most time is spent in the home screen

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Is there any way to disable this w jailbreak?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can disable it altogether or change the gesture that activates it, but I'm not aware of a way to tweak the sensitivity of it. That's part of the OS and you would have to adjust the touchscreen sensitivity for everything, not just this.

I don't recall ever accidentally activating it.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
How do you disable it?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How do you disable it?
Is your phone jailbroken?

In regards to your threads that were locked by another mod tonight: I have repeatedly warned you against starting new threads all time for your frequent complaints about iOS. Please continue to use your general complaint thread for these concerns and questions. Your questions in the threads that were locked could have been asked there.

Also, don't assume that no one checks the jailbreak sections. Myself and many others here refuse to use the app due to its limitations. We do see and promptly reply to the threads there.