Anyone ever accidentally pull down the "notifications" screen?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by TH55, Nov 20, 2011.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I am constantly doing it when attempting to scroll up. I hate to sound like I'm complaining again but does anyone know of a way to deactivate this feature? I never use it and I keep inadvertently pulling it down

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

3. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Personally, no. Also, I'm not sure if it can be disabled.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I do it all the time when I clean my screen. It doesn't bother me, we waited forever for a notification center, I'm not about to disable it.

5. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Same, often if clean a speck off by wiping it the notification bar comes down. But it doesn't really bother me much.

6. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

I'm a Lefty and when using ANY sketch or drawing programs, I am constantly doing it, to the point where it is really ruining the usefulness of those apps for me. :-(

I really wish there was a simple way to turn them on or lock them off.

7. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

On certain apps, they designed the Notification Center to not drop down on the first swipe, but requires a second swipe. They made it so only the tab sticks out from the Notification Center, but it leaves your app in focus. If you don't pull down on this tab in a couple of seconds, the tab will automatically pull back up as if nothing happened. I believe only iOS 5 compatible apps can program for this feature, otherwise the Notification Center will drop down like it should.

8. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Simply put: I do.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

9. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Maybe it's finger orientation on this one? I honestly don't accidentally swipe down on the notifications center.

10. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member
    Bronze

I've only done it while playing Galcon.

11. Miz.Michele

Miz.Michele Member
    Bronze

happens to me as well...nbd tho

12. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Happens for me too. Usually when I am scrolling through pictures or scrolling in my email. It's a bother, but not the end of the world.

13. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

Done it a few times playing Fruit Ninja heh

14. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I believe whether it shows the tab is dependent upon whether the status bar is visible. i.e. if it's a full screen app like the camera, where you don't see the status bar at all, or a video, where you don't have a status bar unless you tap. Basically, if you don't see the status bar, you'll get the tab and have to swipe twice to get the notification center.

As for accidental swipes, no, I haven't had any accidental swipes. At least not since before the beta where they made it so you have to swipe twice for full screen apps. Even then, my only issue was with the camera, when switching from video to still while in landscape (where the switch is pretty close to the top of the screen).

I never run into it when scrolling because I always start my swipes in the middle of the screen anyway. I'm a pretty short swiper, maybe about an inch at the most. I rely on the momentum/acceleration if I need to scroll a lot.

(oh, how many times I thought to myself, "that's what she said")

15. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I'm talking in general most time is spent in the home screen

16. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

You don't scroll up on the home screen, though.

17. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Is there any way to disable this w jailbreak?

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can disable it altogether or change the gesture that activates it, but I'm not aware of a way to tweak the sensitivity of it. That's part of the OS and you would have to adjust the touchscreen sensitivity for everything, not just this.

I don't recall ever accidentally activating it.

19. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

How do you disable it?

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is your phone jailbroken?

In regards to your threads that were locked by another mod tonight: I have repeatedly warned you against starting new threads all time for your frequent complaints about iOS. Please continue to use your general complaint thread for these concerns and questions. Your questions in the threads that were locked could have been asked there.

Also, don't assume that no one checks the jailbreak sections. Myself and many others here refuse to use the app due to its limitations. We do see and promptly reply to the threads there.