Anyone ever have Electical Problems, like a fried cable?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MNJON, Dec 25, 2011.

1. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Here is a picture of the cable end after my wife tried to plug in her iPad 2. She's plugged it in 50 times or so, having had it 2 months. Anyway... she didn't notice the end had fried... but did notice it was not charging.... this close-up shows it much worse than when you are holding it in hand...

Has anyone had this happen? I have always plugged in my iPhone and now my iPad 2 also, the same way she does since iPhone Original.... I leave my charger plugged into the wall and just grab the phone end and plug it in.... is this somehow wrong or was this a strange occurrence on her iPad? I've done this on iPhone for what, 5 years or something? Never had an issue. I wonder if Apple will replace the charger/cable?

iPad.jpg

#1 MNJON, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I've never had this happen but my cable is cut from natural usage. And Apple will replace it.

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I have seen this twice over the years. Once when the connector was jammed in upside down. Wife says she didn't do it, kid says he didn't do it......must have been the dog.

The other time was mine and it was before the lifeproof case and I had a piece of metal I picked up at work in there somehow. I have lots of metal where I work.

4. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

I took the cable and power supply to the Apple store 30 miles away today..... sadly, I did not bring the iPad so they would NOT replace the cable unless I had the serial number for the iPad in my pocket :). They could not find me in their system, even though I just bought two new iPad 2's in the last 50 days or so..... Ugh..... wasted trip. My fault I guess.... should have brought the iPad or receipt.... Ouch.

5. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

oh wow that's crap. Let us know If they do swap out the cable because I have a torn one and would like to know if they will swap it out.

6. jeffw78

jeffw78 New Member

I've had that happen and they did replace the cable for me. If you can't make it to store they did offer to mail me one.