Anyone experiencing upside down video and picture when using the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by flatbacks21, Mar 24, 2012.

1. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

Hello.. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the upside down video and picture when using the iPhone 4 as it is shown in the tutorial? I.e. using the volume button to snap a photo.. I upload to computer and have to rotate everything.. Am I missing something with that? Anyone else having the same fun experience?

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I am I rotate it on my laptop ad lets say I try to post it on FB it is back upside down
    very annoying Stupid actually

3. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

Ok.. I am not alone.. I agree, flip the specs in the camera and do as it shows in the operating manual.. Can't be that hard to do

4. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I'd say we all are. I've taken to just holding the phone with the volume buttons pointed down and my pics end up fine on the PC when I upload them. When I forget, as noted by others, I just rotate them in the photo viewer. A little more difficult for movie files but doable as well with software later on.

5. Kevdog

Kevdog New Member

Does not work on video, but great on pics. There is a free app called Rotator. Open Rotator and select the option to select picture from camera roll and hit save. Then you will have a copy of the picture in your photos. Send the one that Rotator saved to camera which will be the last one on the camera roll and it will be correct orientation when sent to someone on PC. Been using it for a couple of years with 100 percent success. The only problem is remembering to use Rotator before sending a picture.