Anyone forced to change their Apple password?

Oct 3, 2009
I don't know if I missed a post somewhere but I went to download an app today and it said my account was disabled. Made me re-do the password and it had to have one upper, one lower case a number, can't have 3 of the same digits in a row and any part of it couldn't be used in the past year. There were other rules....can't remember them.

Was this a system wide forced password update for all users?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I recently went to change my password and was upset by the one capital and one numeral. Two extra steps on the phone.
Mine wasn't forced however I heard last night from a friend that he was asked to change his.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you try to reenable the account and your old password first? There are a few instances that will disable the account. One of which is several failed attempts at the password. I've had to reenable the iTunes account on my nephew's 3G several times because he's too young to know the password and he tries to buy apps and types random letters. If you instead chose to use a new password, it may just be that they are now making all new passwords be strong in order to decrease fraud.

Oct 3, 2009
Did you try to reenable the account and your old password first? There are a few instances that will disable the account. One of which is several failed attempts at the password. I've had to reenable the iTunes account on my nephew's 3G several times because he's too young to know the password and he tries to buy apps and types random letters. If you instead chose to use a new password, it may just be that they are now making all new passwords be strong in order to decrease fraud.
yes, tried to do that. Said my password had to have an upper and a number. And it wasn't a password attempt cut off. I downloaded a app yesterday and it was fine.