Anyone from California activated yet?

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I see so many people having trouble from the east, what about us west-coasters? I am going on 15 hours.

iBrick, iCoaster, iPaperweight... This thing is anything but an iPhone! ARGH

Jun 22, 2007
nope not me.. i am in san diego. tried to activate last night around 9:30pm pacific time.... porting my number from verizon so i'm expecting the 24 hour wait that most people are reporting. who knows?

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I initially made a mistake typing in some info, so after about 10 minutes of cussing AT&T I pulled my head out of my butt and realized i screwed it up, not them. Within 5-10 minutes i had 2 phones up and running. Are you a new customer or existing? p.s. really sorry you are having problems, i would be so friggen pissy right now. Hope it starts up soon. Another thread on here says to take it back to ATT and get a new sim.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I'm in CA. Got mine activated last night at 7:30pm PST. It was really fast, only took 6 minutes. I timed it just for fun, as I was expecting much longer.

After 12 hours using mine here are my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

indycolt

Jun 27, 2007
I see so many people having trouble from the east, what about us west-coasters? I am going on 15 hours.

I actually kind of feel bad, as I us 2 phones up and running in under ten minutes in socal.:)

Jun 27, 2007
im from SF bay area..i got mine about 6ish i was tenth in line..went home and couldnt activate through my PC..the computer said "USB device not recognized" and still doesn't so i went to my friends house who has a mac and it took only a few minutes and i am happy it works but now i cant load music or anything....

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007

What are you using a PC or Mac? If your on a Mac be sure to you are running 10.4.10. and the latest version of iTunes.

Hope this helps

Jun 30, 2007

iBrick, iCoaster, iPaperweight... This thing is anything but an iPhone!
ARGH
Activated and ported my Verizon number last night at 2 AM coming back from going out. I was so frustrated and disappointed that I couldnt show it off to my friends. How can ATT not anticipate the deluge of iPhone activations? They really dropped the ball on this one. I feel those who have still have a 600 dollar iBrick.