Anyone get Call Forwarding to work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ice436

Jun 30, 2007
Ugh, trying to use call forwarding and it isn't working...

I went to settings -> phone -> call forwarding

Changed the slider to On

This brings you to a screen to enter the number...

I entered the number to forward to and then I hit the call forwarding arrow in the upper left (like you are going back to the last screen).

It goes back to the last screen and I get the following error:

"Could not save call forwarding setting."

Any ideas?

Thanks

Zachary Vex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Minneapolis
I tried it, and it seemed to save my home land line's number for me. I didn't test it because it seemed unlikely that I could successfuly call my cell from my home phone and receive a call forwarded from myself. I mean, what if I took the call and I was on the other line?

pepperco

Jul 1, 2007
thee twin cities
I tried it, and it seemed to save my home land line's number for me. I didn't test it because it seemed unlikely that I could successfuly call my cell from my home phone and receive a call forwarded from myself. I mean, what if I took the call and I was on the other line?
Cool...zvex is in the ihouse.

I just forwarded my iPhone to my homephone,
and called my iPhone from another cell phone,

worked like a charm, forwarded perfect the first time.
Followed the instructions above......

:laugh2:

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've got a different little aggrivating issue with it. I can't turn it off!

Every call I make I get a little pop up window saying "call forwading active" with a Dissmiss button below it. To end a call I have to first hit the Dismiss and then the End Call. Certainly a minor annoyance but somethng ain't right. it happens whethere I ahve Call Forward turned on or off in the Settings.

Part of reason its bugging me is my old fat fingers and the hair trigger response when your in favorites list or something i keep accidentally calling people! while I'm trying to get things set up.

Also kind tricky to use and dial even Favorites one handed as in driving.

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Ugh, trying to use call forwarding and it isn't working...

I went to settings -> phone -> call forwarding

Changed the slider to On

This brings you to a screen to enter the number...

I entered the number to forward to and then I hit the call forwarding arrow in the upper left (like you are going back to the last screen).

It goes back to the last screen and I get the following error:

"Could not save call forwarding setting."

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quick question I have for you.. Do you have a signal where you're trying to set up the call forwarding? I'm pretty sure call forwarding information is on AT&T's end, so as you try to save the settings, it would try to save those settings on the network itself. That would be my guess anyway.

dsam99

Jul 2, 2007
I am coming from Sprint to AT&T. This used to cost to forward a call from Sprint. Anybody know if there is a charge per minute to forward a call?

velorapide

Jul 3, 2007

Every call I make I get a little pop up window saying "call forwading active" with a Dissmiss button below it. To end a call I have to first hit the Dismiss and then the End Call. Certainly a minor annoyance but somethng ain't right. it happens whethere I ahve Call Forward turned on or off in the Settings.

Part of reason its bugging me is my old fat fingers and the hair trigger response when your in favorites list or something i keep accidentally calling people! while I'm trying to get things set up.

I have the same problem. Anyone help with this?

dgoss

Jun 30, 2007
Does anyone feel like there is some very missing feature with call forwarding: any kind of icon or indication that your calls are being forwarded! Did I miss something? This seems odd, any phone I've been able to set to forward always put some kind of icon on the screen to keep me aware that I did that. I've left the house before having forgotten and things weren't pleasant. Also, when setting number the last number(s) you forwarded to aren't there. No big deal but must do manual entry.

d.

reggers

Jul 5, 2007
Does anyone feel like there is some very missing feature with call forwarding: any kind of icon or indication that your calls are being forwarded! Did I miss something? This seems odd, any phone I've been able to set to forward always put some kind of icon on the screen to keep me aware that I did that. I've left the house before having forgotten and things weren't pleasant. Also, when setting number the last number(s) you forwarded to aren't there. No big deal but must do manual entry.

d.
Yes - That's what I feel...what about conditional call forwarding - like only forwarding calls to a certain number if I'm unreachable....

I've done what you mentioned also, set up call forwarding and then realized later that my phone has been pretty quiet and then realized later that I'd forwarded all my calls...just a little icon - something like the bluetooth indicator would be useful.

IceTrAiN

Bronze
Quick question I have for you.. Do you have a signal where you're trying to set up the call forwarding? I'm pretty sure call forwarding information is on AT&T's end, so as you try to save the settings, it would try to save those settings on the network itself. That would be my guess anyway.
Do you have any info to back this up? Because that would be pretty cool. That way I could set the call forwarding while I'm in service, and while I'm out of service I could have calls forwarded to my land line... THAT would be saucy.

bradifus

Jul 6, 2007
Call Forwarding Active ?

I am having the exact! same problem. I called tech support and they couldn't tell me anything but said Maybe it is your local towers re-routing your call. I only see that warning on outgoing calls when the call finally connects to the system. I hope you will find an answer soon. I will let you know if I find anything my self. Please help if anyone has this issue.

Where do you live (be general) maybe it IS the area? Have you called tech support? What did they tell you?