Anyone get the DLO JamJacket? How is it?

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I'm thinking about getting one. Does it fit nice and tight?

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey that's what I just got today. It's basically a rubberized silicone case that you can grip real well and feel confident that you're not going to drop your iPhone. It's obviously made for the iPhone so it's a real good fit...it even has a compartment on the back to let you store your earphones ! The only downside is that it does not have a belt clip...that would have made it better...but so far so good...i like it.

dskez

Jun 20, 2007
Jam jacket

Yes, this fits well. It gives it a more durable feel, most buttons and important connections are exposed.

Only thing the mute button is deep in the case

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
yep, I have it. Love it. Took it for an iPhone walk today and felt confident I would not drop it or it would slip out of my hand. That's good because I can be quite clumsy at times.
I like mine as well. I don't need the earbud retainer on the back, but what the hey...

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
I like mine as well. I don't need the earbud retainer on the back, but what the hey...
I have one - it really is good regarding the grip and not feeling like you're going to drop it. I don't like the earbud retainer although I guess it could be useful for some.

My only real complaint is the the grip is so good that it is sometimes difficult to get in and out of my shirt pocket!

EricFink

Jun 19, 2007
I just bought one today. I love it so far.

Pros: Good fit, feel, and style. Bulged corners to make sure that the screen will never touch the ground, if laid/dropped face down. I like the headphone compartment.

Cons: Could be a tiny bit more snug. It fits nicely but doing certain things, such as squeezing the sides and pressing the home button, will bow the edges out a little bit. The home button/mute button are hard to reach due to the thickened corners.

Overall, i'd give it a 4/5.

Jul 13, 2007
Anyone having trouble making this fit into the charger?

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I did not like mine went ahead and bought bodyguardz which is a tad bit better i feel more comfortable setting a semi naked iPhone on various surfaces.
my 2-cents though

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i really want to get that but i feel that the little earphone thing will bug the hell out of me...

any issues with that little thing?

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
i really want to get that but i feel that the little earphone thing will bug the hell out of me...

any issues with that little thing?

Yes, the ear buds never fit right inside of it. A bit of the wire was always sticking out. Also, if you wear dress pants and you have the phone in your pocket because the back piece protrudes it makes it look like the iPhone is trying to rip through your pants. I switched to the crystal clear hard one that the Apple stores have, but that doesn't have a place for teh buds. I switched to more comfortable earphones anyway that wouldn't fit into the case.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
The best condom for the iPhone ever! plus they give you a sticker too.... :cool:

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I am returning the Jam Jacket tomorrow. I used it and it was ok but nothing great. I go the Sidewinder today and love it. It also has a side holder for the headphones and a belt clip.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Honestly it's a bit bulky, only because of the protruding earphone holder thingy, but as far as protection goes, it's amazing. Not a single scratch or dent on mine, and it doesn't scratch the metal bezel around the iPhone even when taking it off and on. It's a decent case just to start out with until better cases come out. I liked how well it protected my iPhone, but I just ordered some Bodyguardz for my iPhone and will return my DLO jam jacket when they come in.

mrsackler

Jul 18, 2007
I bought the JamJacket because I wanted something that fit the iPhone snugly and protected it very well, covering the black area around the speaker and the home button, but not the screen. This is the only case fitting that description at the AT&T store. I'm not concerned with how it looks in the case as much as I am protection. This thing has kept my iPhone scratch-free, and I paid very close attention the first few days to make sure it was not scratching the bezel or back.

I used a fresh razorblade of the box-cutter variety to carefuly slice the earphone protrusion off so close that the back was almost completely even all the way across. Doing this still left an ugly scar on the back of the case, but as I said, I'm more interested in having maximum protection while still having the screen open than I am visual appeal. After experimenting with the compartment a little bit, I found that it did not hold the headset tightly enough for my taste, it was too flimsy and not designed well for carrying the headphones around in your pocket all day every day. If you're a woman that carries a purse or bag, or a student with a backpack, or you like to use your iPhone as an ipod all the time, then you will probably enjoy that feature. I just like everything to fit nice and snug because I carry mine around in my pocket. The extra protrustion/weight really wasn't bad if it was useful, just once I found that I wouldn't be able to carry my headphones around comfortably on this thing every day without them falling out or becoming loose, I decided to cut it off to slim it down.

iSkin is releasing a very nice looking case that fits my needs, and the contour iSee as well as another hard shell case on Apple's website would fit my needs and I will be ordering one soon. In the mean time, this case provides excellent protection, and it doesn't slip while gripping it at all, except a tiny bit around the home button and speaker, which is acceptable because when you are gripping it it does not slip, that is just a purely cosmetic thing. Like I said, I want my case to be like a part of the iPhone, very secure and snug, maximum protection, low profile, doesn't cover the screen. The JamJacket does that pretty darn well. With the iPhone's sturdy construction and density, the silicon JamJacket just makes it almost invulnerable to everyday scratches and dints, and would almost certainly protect it from a short fall, like when you hop out of the car with the phone in your lap. When you drop it on the table it just makes this nice little thud, and doesn't bounce at all, that is reassuring. Not the most well designed case, but I definitely do not regret buying it at all.

I also bought the little crystal case which they have at AT&T stores, and I love the way it looks, it offers excellent protection to the back and bezel, but I think it might scratch the chrome bezel a little bit when there's debris in it, which is unacceptable. Furthermore, it does not protect the black area around the home button and speaker at all. I also feel that if it were dropped from any distance onto hard concrete or flooring, due to the thin plastic nature of the case, it would crack open. I could be wrong, but I won't risk it. It looks pretty sexy, though, which is the only thing it really has going for it.

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
by at the best case out on the market. you have a extreamly protective case with an awesome holder for you head phones/hands free device. I went to Apple to see if there was anything better, couldn't find a single thing. Did find the last crystal film set though