Anyone get YouTube to work on jailbroken 1.1.3?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I've tried the fixes on Installer, reboot and still get 'cannot connect '
Any recommendation appreciated!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
have you updated the baseband through the installer?

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
I've tried the fixes on Installer, reboot and still get 'cannot connect '
Any recommendation appreciated!

I don't think mine broke. It seems to be working fine.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
have you updated the baseband through the installer?
thanks for the reply Hawk.
you know, I downgraded then upgraded with Sidetalker's method...finally using the 'official' installer jailbreak method....all of which I understood would upgrade the firmare and baseband etc.
I presently have 3.9.... Bootloader, and 4.03.13 G baseband?

Am I not set ok?!

Everything else works superbly!
thanks
roccky

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i just installed the youtube activation and it works just fine

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
The first time i jailbroke it didn't work, but the second time it worked without using the youtube activation

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Weird,

With 1.1.3 and it's correct baseband of 4.3.14g, you should have everything working including Google Maps and Youtube. I have the same setup as you right now on my 3.9 phone. Now, I did something you didn't, I think. And that is that I didn't have to download any of the fixes in installer. I just followed iClarified's tutorial and everything.....just.......works.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
EDIT: I quoted the wrong post here!....meant to quote the 're-broke a second time' post! Sorry....read on!:
OK....really didn't want to do this....but after exhausting all fixes..I did...and voilà!...all is good..installer actually more stabler in general.
shift-clicked to 1.1.1 and went back up as usual.

For future purposes, wonder why it takes twice?!

Argelius

Jul 1, 2007
I just jailbroke my 1.1.3 iPhone using the new ZiPhone method. Everything seems to work okay (except for a few 3rd party apps), except YouTube -- which gives me the "Cannot Connect" message. (Weather, Stocks, Safari, etc all work).

I'm lost -- where/how do I get the "youtube activation"?

(I've tried running the two different "YouTube fixes" via installer (one says 1.1.1 and the other 1.1.2), but hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
did you use ZiPhone from MAC or PC?
did you restore to 1.1.3 before jailbreaking?
if you restored to 1.1.3 did you restore to backup or did you jailbreak before syncing the phone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
if you restored to 1.1.3 did you restore to backup or did you jailbreak before syncing the phone.
I did a fresh 1.1.3 restore, then jailbroke using the ZiPhone method before putting my settings back on the phone.

Piece of advice when following the instructions.
When the prompt to shut off the phone and then hold the home button while connecting back to the dock come up, Keep holding the home button till the Connect to iTunes logo comes up. The way I initially read it, I thought you were supposed to release the home button at the Apple logo. This is not the case. After that, it takes maybe three minutes and it's done. fast, painless, reliable.

Argelius

Jul 1, 2007
I jailbroke a brand new (never Jailbroken before) 1.1.3 phone from a Mac.

Based on my viewing of other forums, this is a known issue for the ZiPhone jailbreak. I don't use YouTube much so not a deal breaker for me. Hope someone can figure out a fix...

I got ZiPhone to work 100% on one 1.1.3 iPhone that was originally upgraded from 1.1.2 OTB to 1.1.3. The other is a 16GB 1.1.3 OTB and on this one YouTube doesn't work at all on a fresh restore to 1.1.3, no backup restored. Any idea?

Ok Success!

I did some experimenting, I figured since I have three iPhones, I can experiment all I can till I figure out a work around for the Youtube app not working with ZiPhone. I figured this had to be an activation problem with ZiPhone and Youtube.

This time I ran ZiPhone as ZiPhone -u - j

I left out the -a which activates the iPhone. Now Youtube works with this configuration.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
My YouTube comes on , but every two or three seconds it stops. Is there a simple solution for this. HELP!

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i think the best jailbreak comes from just running the jailbreak.cmd file while in restore (iTunes logo and image of cable on screen) mode. that's what i used both times and had excellent luck with it. current firmware, google maps works, youtube works, installer has no problems. i didn't use the updated GUI method. i used the method from yesterday (february 12).

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
i think the best jailbreak comes from just running the jailbreak.cmd file while in restore (iTunes logo and image of cable on screen) mode. that's what i used both times and had excellent luck with it. current firmware, google maps works, youtube works, installer has no problems. i didn't use the updated GUI method. i used the method from yesterday (february 12).
I used the same method. I just realized today that my YouTube doesn't work. It loads, but it cuts off every two or three seconds. And if you restart the video a few times, it won't restart. I'm going to rejailbreak it now. i just restored and it doesn't work there either.

Swoop

Feb 15, 2008
I have tried everything possible to get youtube to work.Ihave restored re jailbroke and any fiz or patch you can think of.It pulls up youtube np.Ican see the videos all them have 00:00 time.but if i click one of them it tells me to connect to edge or wifi.Thing is it is connected to edge.Cause safari works fine.When i am usen wifi youtube works np.My phone is a new 16g and running 113.I have even tried installing new restore files.Nothing seems to work.Has anyone else had this problem?BTW i am on tmobile and the internet2 package