Anyone got a prepaid/Gophone iPhone yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

athreya

Jun 30, 2007
idont follow..

it works it just prompts you to pick your plan and your golden. the plans are slightly different though.
can anyone pick a prepaid plan or do so only if you fail the credit check ? r go fone plans for iPhone different? does one still have an etf for if it is gophone then there is technically no contract right?

bdiddy619

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
can anyone pick a prepaid plan or do so only if you fail the credit check ? r go fone plans for iPhone different? does one still have an etf for if it is gophone then there is technically no contract right?

you only have the option to do pay as you go if you have any type of deposit required. if you don't have a deposit, pick you plan is not availible to select. the phone is the same for go phone and there is no etf due to it being a prepaid phone which means no contract. the plans really suck though

bdiddy619

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yes you have to pay for first month in advance. the go phone does do unlimited data and it very good. ive compared it to a post paid iPhone and they are exactly the same

bdiddy619

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
actually i had a 50 dollar deposit and i didn't want to sign a contract for two years so it worked out better for me to do prepaid. im not like a lot of people who have paid over 800 in just deposits for a phone . its not that serious......

CEO2B

Jun 27, 2007
Has anyone with a prepaid acct. figured out how to get rid of the annoying balance notifications you get every time you send/receive a txt msg or when it goes to retrieve yahoo mail? This is very annoying!

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
yes you have to pay for first month in advance. the go phone does do unlimited data and it very good. ive compared it to a post paid iPhone and they are exactly the same
Eye Eye matey I chose the GoPhone plan in order to side step the $300 deposit AT&T was asking me for but I will switch to a regular plan after I sell a few more insurance polices to make some cash but overall I am lovin it:laugh2:

Jun 25, 2007
how much are the prepay plans? what are the options?

yeah, i'm wondering the same thing. could someone post the specifics of the prepaid plans? or just confirm the prepaid plans have the exact same pricing for individual and family post-paid plans...you just prepay. :)

and do the prepay plans also involve a 2-year commitment? yes, i need a deposit :( but i haven't opened my iPhone yet to try and activate it.

neks0ne

Jun 30, 2007
I think mine is running about 59.99, and thats unlimited data...
And as far as credit goes, My mom used my social about 7 years ago with Bell South so I had the option to do a deposit and said no....Plus I didn't really want to commit to a 2yr.

Oh, and I also transfered my number from sprint.....so go phone FTW!:)