Anyone got an adapter for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Sam91, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Sam91

Sam91 Member
    Bronze

Where should I get one? For cheap perhaps. I see them going for about $20 on eBay but they're all auctions.. I suck at bidding but I'm trying anyways

Also, as of late last night my back camera has been totally sucking! My pictures are very dark even with the flash on. Darker than without a flash. No scratches on the camera or nothing. What the hell?

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I just ordered the Lightning to USB cables when I preordered the iPhone and they came in a couple of days ago. The adapters weren't needed but I would probably just order what you need from Apple and just wait. The OEM stuff is the best to go with especially since they changed the connections.

As far as the camera goes I haven't had any problems with mine so far.

3. Sam91

Sam91 Member
    Bronze

What is this OEM you speak of? Haha I just want an adapter to use with my ihome. Got it not too long ago and I don't want it to be obsolete just yet

The camera thing was an odd glitch I guess. Turned phone off for 2 minutes and it was fine after that

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Until the lightning cable issue is resolved I'd be very wary of buying non-Apple lightning accessories. Seems there is a chip embedded in the cable that very well may prevent knock-offs from working properly with your iPhone 5.

5. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

OEM just means that its made from the manufacturer. You should buy an original Apple adapter because the knock offs may not work at all from what websites are saying.

6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

OEM- Original Equipment Manufacturer. Like the above posts have stated about the chips in the lightning connections.

7. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I ordered one from eBay but eBay removed the listing . They didn't even let me know and I wasn't even able to submit a claim for reimbursement. The seller contacted me today by email stating that eBay had removed the listing citing that Apple had claimed a copyright infringement. The seller assured me that I would still receive the adaptor in early October anyway.